Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA 32"

RCAGUEST
New User

Feb 4, 2005, 12:50 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2310 views)
Shortcut
RCA 32" Can't Post

I have a RCA 32" TV that has been having problems lately. it will work and not work off and on. Sometimes just unpluggin it is a fix, and sometimes not! It was made in 1997 and I have read that they have had some problems with those years! Anyways! Any info you guys could give me would be awesome. i just need to know where to go in the right direction! When I hit the power button i can hear something kind of buzz right in the middle of the circuit board, but i tried to do some porbing with a wood probe to see if it was cracked board or bad solder and could not pin point the problem! The TV does have normal start up noise like when the tube gets its power, but no pic or sound! The Model # is F32683SB and the Serial # is 735460634, and chassis # is CTC197CE2. Any help guys?

mel
Veteran

Feb 4, 2005, 1:08 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RCAGUEST] RCA 32" [In reply to] Can't Post

Check the solder joints in the tuner case, especially those between the PCboard and the tuner case. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

RCAGUEST
New User

Feb 4, 2005, 7:59 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] RCA 32" [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel,

Thanks for the info, but where exactly is the tuner case? Is this the metal box that sticks out of the TV casing (ex. The box that you would plug your coax input into) I have a degree in electronics but it has been so long since I last worked on this sort of thing, I do basically all industrial applications now and have a hard time remembering all of the parts. I geuss it is true what the say "If you don't use it, you lose it!" So any sort of directions you can give me to find this tuner box would be great! Also if anyone else has any suggestions, don't be afraid to help a fella out! Thanks!

mel
Veteran

Feb 5, 2005, 12:19 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RCAGUEST] RCA 32" [In reply to] Can't Post

The tuner case is that area where the antenna cable plugs into the set. Unlike most sets, the tuner is built right into the PC board. You will havr to pull the bottom covers to get to the affected solder joints.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)