RCA CTC169BTA Picture Going Out Intermittenly

kickingbac
New User

Aug 1, 2004, 3:21 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1444 views)
Shortcut
RCA CTC169BTA Picture Going Out Intermittenly Can't Post

CoolGood day all,
I was hoping someone could help me find a solution to my problem I am having with my 15 year old RCA 52" projection TV. Model is P46151WK and the Chasis is the infamous CTC169BTA. The picture is going out intermittenly. I still have sound and can change channels. I cannot see anything on screen at all when this happens. If I shut the TV down for a short period (at least 15 minutes) then I can "sometimes" turn it back on and I now have a picture. Other times it will not come back on at all and I leave it alone for a day or so and try again and it will eventually work again but for how long is a guessing game. Also, when the picture is finally staying on it stays on for as long as I leave it on. When I turn it off to go to bed, the next morning it may or may not come on. If the picture goes out when I am watching, the entire picture goes black and I see a few horizontal color lines flicker in the middle of the screen instantaneously and then it's all black. It just started recently.
I have read about the splitter going bad and I bought and replaced it. Part #205064 I bought from TEE-VEE Supply on line. The same problem exists so I can rule that out. I was hoping someone could help me solve this. PLEASE! I would be eternally grateful. I can give you computer help in exchange as I am an IT administrator.Wink
Kicking back with my fet up at home!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)