Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA F32649 weird problem. pls help

scimitar116
New User

May 5, 2005, 12:18 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1185 views)
Shortcut
RCA F32649 weird problem. pls help Can't Post

hi all, ok i was just plugging some composite a\v cables in the back of my tv to set up a new cable box, and i pulled out a wire that i thought didnt elong there.

It was a single composite audio wire (white one, so L channel) funny thing was, it was plugged from the AUDIO OUT section of my tv into a wierd lookin port on my tv labeled 'S' (NOT s-video, i have one of those ports too.) directly above 'S' is a port of the exact same shape (funnel shaped) with the letter 'F' next to it.
However, the cable wasnt reallly plugged in, because it was to big for the hole. it was just kinda jammed in.

ANYWAY... now my tv looks like brightness has been turned up to 90%, except its at 50%. also, i have several horizontal lines on my screen. they are COMPLETELY stationary. it has nothing to do with my cables\vcr\dvdplayer\cablebox, because it still looks like messed up when everything is unplugged from my tv.

any advice for fixing this?
ALL help will be appreciated.

shadetree
Veteran

May 5, 2005, 6:09 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scimitar116] RCA F32649 weird problem. pls help [In reply to] Can't Post

it sounds like the white wire going from beside high voltage transformer to the board plugged into back of picture tube however there no way it could have come out of an audio plug

mel
Veteran

May 5, 2005, 6:28 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scimitar116] RCA F32649 weird problem. pls help [In reply to] Can't Post

Try turning down the screen voltage. It is the bottom knob on the flyback transformer.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)