Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA F35100ST (sad) :(

Quicksnot
New User

Jun 1, 2003, 10:45 AM

Post #1 of 6 (4006 views)
Shortcut
RCA F35100ST (sad) :( Can't Post

Cool i have a CTC169BG2 and the problem i had was it just shut off by itself and would not turn back on, i took a small paint brush and vacum, and carefully cleaned off all the dust bunnies, then i looked at the fuse and it was blown, i was happy until i replaced it and pluged it back in, the fuse blew again, so i still had 1 more fuse, and i checked all the connectors that i could see, and tried to plug it back in after replacine the fuse again, no luck, it blows the fuse as soon as i try to plug it into the wall, i know there could be a number of things causing that to happen, but i would like to do this 1 step at a time, and of course come here and rely on your expert advice Cool.

please just be as simple as you can, and if at all possible add some links where i can find some service manuals for free, if i had alot of money i would just go out and buy another, but i can't.. after 11 years this TV has been maintenace free, until now Unsure, i have never worked on a TV before, but always willing to learn, i have a 19 inch infront of it now, man does it look small hehehehe..

please help

Keith

(This post was edited by Quicksnot on Jun 4, 2003, 6:51 AM)

Quicksnot
New User

Jun 4, 2003, 6:50 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Quicksnot] RCA F35100ST [In reply to] Can't Post

well its been about 4 days now and no one has responded but myself Frown, i guess i'll have to take care of it some other way.

thnks for peeking at it anyway

keith

Mark
New User

Jun 4, 2003, 4:51 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Quicksnot] RCA F35100ST [In reply to] Can't Post

hey quick, i also have an rca and the thing won't turn on. i want to check the fuse. how do i do that?

mark

Quicksnot
New User

Jun 5, 2003, 12:21 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark] RCA F35100ST [In reply to] Can't Post

after removing the back cover, mine was pretty dusty after 11 years, i took a vacum and a soft bristle paint brush and cleaned up back there, then right behind where the plug runs into the TV i saw a fuse, mine lays horizontal, its a mini 5 amp fuse 125v, i would have never spotted it if i didn't clean the dust bunnies off...

hope when you change your fuse you have better luck then i did, seems like i must have a rare problem, because no one is responding to my problem Frown.

hope that helped

keith

shadetree
Veteran

Aug 18, 2004, 2:01 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Quicksnot] RCA F35100ST (sad) :( [In reply to] Can't Post

ck horizonal output transistor it's mounted on heatsink in middle of chassis remove from chassis to ck if its shorted order kit no. 61-147 from mat-1-800-628-1118 be sure to mention sale price of $7.50 or they will charge regular price of $8.95

shadetree
Veteran

Aug 18, 2004, 4:10 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Quicksnot] RCA F35100ST (sad) :( [In reply to] Can't Post

also ck cr1 cr2 cr3 cr4 for short are located behind fuse block if bad can get at radio shack

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)