Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA P52721 Won't Power On

klaxton48166
New User

Dec 12, 2004, 7:36 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1731 views)
Shortcut
RCA P52721 Won't Power On Can't Post

I have an RCA 52" that won't power on at all. When you push the power button the green light will not come on. Two years ago I had the high voltage splitter replaced. Could this be the problem again and if it is how easy would this be for me to change myself? And if someone has direction on how I can chamge this I would be most appreciative.

shadetree
Veteran

Dec 12, 2004, 7:59 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [klaxton48166] RCA P52721 Won't Power On [In reply to] Can't Post

could be likely if generic part used, trace red lead from top of high voltage transformer to splitter ,pull lead out of splitter put end in dry plastic bottle if sound comes on tv replace splitter with with rca splitter not generic can order from tritronics

klaxton48166
New User

Dec 12, 2004, 8:54 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] RCA P52721 Won't Power On [In reply to] Can't Post

This is probably going to sound stupid but i know nothing about repairing a tv. Do I remove the back panel from the tv and wear if the high voltage located in set?

shadetree
Veteran

Dec 13, 2004, 12:56 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [klaxton48166] RCA P52721 Won't Power On [In reply to] Can't Post

remove back cover then after traceing hi voltage lead remove front cover

Huskerman99
New User

Dec 14, 2004, 8:35 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] RCA P52721 Won't Power On [In reply to] Can't Post

Most people know what spark plug wires look like, hopefully you do to. You should see some red wires inside your set that are thicker than all the rest of the wires in there, these are carrying your high voltage. The component on the main board with only one of these wires coming from it, is your flyback. It feeds into the splitter, which should have about five or so wires running into it... visually inspect for burns or sparking, that is usually a good sign something is bad in the high voltage. Anyway, if you check out the post from maierTV about ctc169 chassis, there is a good way of testing your splitter listed within that post (which they have made several times over)(it may not be your chassis # but still might work for testing HV Splitter). I would start with that, but once again, these are really high voltages around 30,000 volts, and there is also the 120v from your outlet that wouldn't mind getting a piece of you too. Whenever servicing a TV it is in the best interest to have an isolation transformer to help protect yourself. Is your life worth less than the service call could cost? Just pay the 60 bucks, but make sure they give an estimate, then if it's not worth it, buy a new one or at least they will have told you what was wrong, and then try the repair yourself.

Thanks,

Phoenix, AZ
DJ
A.A.S. Electronic Servicing
Working on BA in Electrical Engineering.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)