Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA PS32109 still no sound but I've tried....

jjaanice
New User

Jan 21, 2005, 2:45 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1170 views)
Shortcut
RCA PS32109 still no sound but I've tried.... Can't Post

Checking on the TV's menu to make sure the internal and external speakers are set to "on"; to get a service manual of this TV; reviewed TV Forums threads to see if anyone has the same problem and any advice. So I guess I'm hoping Shadetree or Mel or Minehunter will help me out if there's any way at all for me to to any diagnostics and fix this problem.Thank you J.

shadetree
Veteran

Jan 21, 2005, 7:03 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jjaanice] RCA PS32109 still no sound but I've tried.... [In reply to] Can't Post

the only thing I can think of is the microprocesser ic is not switching sound sources properly

mel
Veteran

Jan 22, 2005, 12:43 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jjaanice] RCA PS32109 still no sound but I've tried.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't have a schematic for that specific model but the last RCA that I worked on with no sound turned out to be a bad audio output IC. If your set has audio in and out jacks, you can narrow it down a little by using them. If you use a VCR audio to the input jacks and it works, you know that the problem is in or before the audio switching circuit. If you have audio on the external speakers, the problem is probably the audio output IC.

minehunter
User

Jan 24, 2005, 3:44 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] RCA PS32109 still no sound but I've tried.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have found that on CTC 195/197 chassis that the sound will just quit. RCA tech support has not found a cure yet for this problem other that just unplugging the set for about a minute and then plugging it back in . That seems to help about 98% of them. the other 2% you need to change the Audio Processor IC. If it's a CTC 177/187 chassis you can solder short the emiiter/base of the mute transister and the sound will come back on in most cases.

I Just can't remember which chassis this is.

(This post was edited by minehunter on Jan 24, 2005, 3:45 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.25 s on (CGI/1.1)