Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA and DVD

Primine
New User

Feb 8, 2005, 3:17 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1515 views)
Shortcut
RCA and DVD Can't Post

I'm having troube connecting my DVD player. I bought a TV used from a hotel. It's RCA (J20330BL) and I would like to hook my DVD player up to it. DVD player is a NOVA DV-D411. I have the two connected with a DYNEX RF Modulator (WS-007). The TV remote offered nothing to access menus and change video input, so I bought a RCA Universal remote (CRCU300CB). I can get into the menu setup and change the initial channel and my VCR1 channel (but all that lets me do is jump to a channel when I push the DVD button on the universal remote, doesn't bring me picture.) I can change the channel on the modulator between 3 and 4. Channels 00 doesn't exist, and 14-125 are just fuzzy, so as far as I can tell it's not a case of cycling to the video input channel. Can someone tell me how to get this thing working?

mel
Veteran

Feb 11, 2005, 3:27 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Primine] RCA and DVD [In reply to] Can't Post

Hotel sets were made with different EEPROMS just to keep people from messing with the menu functions in their rooms. I'm afraid that you are out of luck because it takes a special remote to access these functions and these special remotes are only available to authorized personnel and then at a stiff price. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)