Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Rca p46732ba 46" warmup????HELP!!! ME!!!

Kenny
New User

Mar 7, 2005, 1:38 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1090 views)
Shortcut
Rca p46732ba 46" warmup????HELP!!! ME!!! Can't Post

Hello, I have this 46" RCA and when it sets over night or a few hours and you turn it on the picture looks perfect. after about 1 min. the picture gets more..and more color in it like someone has turned up the color...then at about 3-5 mins. the screen looks like someone also adjusted the bright or contrast to where it looks darker...after about 15-20 mins..the tv looks like it levels out and seems fine...anyone know anything about this? is this normal? this is a 1994 model is that it? It also set in a basement that was cold all winter and i did notice the tubes sweating the first 3 days after playing it before i had to replace the hv splitter. ANY HELP OR LINKS WOULD BE NICE. Thanks.

One more thing, I notice when I am changing channels and I go to a channel with a black screen I see a upside down like triangle shadowing of light right in the center of the screen ( greenish color )...then I noticed the screen had a small flicker that would be on the screen ( my wife didnt notice this until I pointed it out to her then she seen it if that tells you how small the flicker is..anyway...then about 3 days ago about 1/4 of the bottom of the screen noticed a straight ( greenish colored ) line that filled the bottom half of the screen and then went away. Then it went to the top and now stays there. I can see it when the screen is showing a black color. I had to replace the HV Splitter as I said before and I noticed that the convergence was off and I adjusted it by the board in the front of tv between under the speaker cover and got it in as best I could. I noticed that it had a short in one of the buttons that I turned as it would flicker the convergence some until i touched it just right??? Anyone PLEASE help me???PLEASE????
LOST!

shadetree
Veteran

Mar 9, 2005, 5:33 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kenny] Rca p46732ba 46" warmup????HELP!!! ME!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

ck pc board under picture tubes for leakage from gel packs you may have to look closely also ck where white wires go to from splitter to make sure you didn't pull one loose from other end

Kenny
New User

Mar 10, 2005, 4:45 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Rca p46732ba 46" warmup????HELP!!! ME!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, I will look at that this weekend when I can get more time. I would also like to know, when I replaced the wires back into the HV splitter was I supposed to use anything on the wires like an electrical gel??? And what are gel packs and what do they look like? One more question ( I really have about a million ) why do you think the picture isnt so sharp, do you think that it is in the convergence board on the front? What all could it be? Sorry to ask you so much. Just trying to keep the kids tv going. :) Thanks
LOST!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)