TV menu stuck in hotel mode

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Edsboats
New User

Jan 3, 2009, 8:36 PM

Post #1 of 34 (133023 views)
Shortcut
TV menu stuck in hotel mode Can't Post

I bought two Philips 27" televisions from a hotel that was upgrading to digital flat screen. When I press the menu button on the remote all that appears is sleep timer and CC. How do I get the TV out of hotel mode so that when I push menu I can change contrast, tint, color, etc.?

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2009, 2:43 AM

Post #2 of 34 (132989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Edsboats] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you recently use any other remote control to control this set? -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Edsboats
New User

Jan 5, 2009, 6:03 PM

Post #3 of 34 (132974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

I just bought the televisions and they did not have any remotes. I have an RCA universal remote but I need to change the menu from hotel use to home use. Any ideas?

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 6, 2009, 5:05 AM

Post #4 of 34 (132964 views)
Shortcut

You'll need to borrow one of the remotes from the hotel; this will let you get it out of that mode and then allow you to use your remote -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Ron.M
Veteran

Jan 29, 2009, 11:45 PM

Post #5 of 34 (132877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Edsboats: I'm a former authorized Magnavox / Phillips servicer..You may not be able to get the remotes from the hotel you got the TV's from...Usually you don't...
You CAN switch almost all those sets from hotel to consumer operation...
I will need the model # to help you any further...On some models you can change the mode just by pushing some front panel buttons....Others need a remote to do it...Please reply with the model # & I will check it out for you....Wink
Veteran & Retired TV technician

martialbasonist
New User

Feb 6, 2009, 4:35 AM

Post #6 of 34 (132825 views)
Shortcut

motel-hotel tv. Here is what you do to access real menu for philips/magnavox.You need a philips remote pm335 and put in the code 0621.

LVBirdLady
New User

Feb 11, 2009, 9:29 AM

Post #7 of 34 (132780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the same problem. Living in Las Vegas, we get used Hotel TVs cheaply.
I have a 30 inch Philips, Model PPC 732 C101.
Can this set be unlocked fron the from buttons.
I can get channels 2 to 13 with my Universal, but recieve 70 plus channels on cable.
TV will not go past 13.

Ron.M
Veteran

Feb 11, 2009, 9:48 PM

Post #8 of 34 (132765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LVBirdLady] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

LVBirdLady: I think we need a special remote to help you out...I do not believe that on that model that you can go from "Hotel" mode to "Consumer" mode using front panel pushbuttons...Are you using a cable box ?? Also the chassis # would help...It's on the same label as the model#...
BTW: I live in N. Las Vegas...Hi , neighbor...Smile.....Later....

LVBirdLady
New User

Feb 12, 2009, 9:15 AM

Post #9 of 34 (132756 views)
Shortcut

First,, thank you for your time fellow Vegan.
Trop and 95 here.
I have cox cable, direct connect to the set.
Body model # 32Z500-7563
Model # PPC732 C101
Built in 11/98.
I don't see a channel 3/4 switch.
There is a "Smart Plug". Looks like a large phone jack.

Ron.M
Veteran

Feb 12, 2009, 8:17 PM

Post #10 of 34 (132741 views)
Shortcut

LVLadyBird:...OK , Now you got me confused....Unsure

I don't see a channel 3/4 switch.

Where are you looking for this at ?? They're usually found on cable boxes etc , & not TV's...If you are hooked up DIRECTLY to Cox Cable , you wouldn't have their box...A 3/4 switch allows you to set your TV on chan 3 or 4 & change channels on their box...

The body model # is not what I was looking for, no matter...
Forget about that "Smart Plug"...It was a "Stupid" idea from Phillips...Totally useless...

I WILL get back to you later today with a definitave answer to your situation...

From Lake Mead & Civic Center....Later...Ron.M...Cool

Ron.M
Veteran

Feb 13, 2009, 12:05 AM

Post #11 of 34 (132738 views)
Shortcut

Need a bit more time ....

Ron.M
Veteran

Feb 13, 2009, 3:15 AM

Post #12 of 34 (132734 views)
Shortcut

LVLadyBird: Bad news.. Frown..We need a special remote from Philips to change your TV over to Consumer mode..Can't be done with front panel pushbuttons....Unsure....SORRY !! It took me awhile to contact Philips...They shut down their live tech assist phone line permantly....What a bummer....I finally found an email address to get the info from...Hence the delay...

The only way out is to get the box from Cox (uuggghhh)....Or call a REPUTABLE service shop & have them come switch it over...
Best of luck...I know this doesn't help much , but I tried...

LVBirdLady
New User

Feb 26, 2009, 7:45 AM

Post #13 of 34 (132598 views)
Shortcut

If you still need help, I just had the same problem and took it to Frank's TV. Las Vegas.
They had me in and out in 20 minutes. Tip the guy 20 / 30.

Edsboats
New User

Feb 26, 2009, 10:50 AM

Post #14 of 34 (132592 views)
Shortcut

If anyone is interested, I finally found out how to change my tv from commercial mode to consumer mode. There is a green master remote that you can purchase for $30.00 that you can use to change everything on the tv. I bought one and changed it myself. The owners manual of the remote tells you the code that you need to enter in order to change it. It works on all the Philips tvs.

rwkubik
New User

Mar 25, 2009, 3:57 AM

Post #15 of 34 (132386 views)
Shortcut

Green Master Remote? You have any further info such as MFG. Model# part#, etc..... THANKS

Edsboats
New User

Mar 25, 2009, 11:26 AM

Post #16 of 34 (132382 views)
Shortcut

It is the Philips green color remote model RC2573. I bought mine at Union Electronic Distributors (708-946-9500) for $31.60. On the left side of the remote it has a switch for Guest, DCM and Setup. Turn the TV on. Select setup then punch in the code 024995 then press the "M" button. Channels will change when you punch in the code but that's OK. A menu appears and the first option on the menu is Hotel/Consumer mode. Simply change it to Consumer and follow the instructions on the screen to exit. After you exit, turn the TV off then back on. You're done.

ozzyozzie
New User

Jun 8, 2009, 1:36 AM

Post #17 of 34 (131890 views)
Shortcut
24ST2200 - stuck in hotel mode? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just have a generic remote that works, except I guess the TV is in hotel mode? All I get is a features menu.

Hopefully there is a simplistic override for it???

The only menu I can get:

Back of the TV:

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 8, 2009, 4:29 AM

Post #18 of 34 (131878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ozzyozzie] 24ST2200 - stuck in hotel mode? [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you read this thread from the top (first post) to the bottom (Your post)? The answer you require is in there already (TV shop / Green remote)Unimpressed

-------------------------

ozzyozzie
New User

Jun 8, 2009, 11:11 AM

Post #19 of 34 (131872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] 24ST2200 - stuck in hotel mode? [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you read this thread from the top (first post) to the bottom (Your post)? The answer you require is in there already (TV shop / Green remote)

I read the thread as different models worked differently Blush I may just try for the green remote route just to know I beat the TV at its own game Tongue

chadhiggins503
New User

Apr 28, 2010, 6:01 PM

Post #20 of 34 (129142 views)
Shortcut

I have a 32hfl5460d?27 and was wondering how to fix being limited to 13 channels

Ron.M
Veteran

Apr 28, 2010, 9:36 PM

Post #21 of 34 (129134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chadhiggins503] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

chadhiggins503;.....

With all due respect;...Wink...
Get new glasses OR learn how to READ !!!!....Crazy......

SEE Posts # 7 , 12 , 14 16, & 18 !!!....Unsure....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 29, 2010, 3:56 AM

Post #22 of 34 (129120 views)
Shortcut

http://www.p4c.philips.com/...mp;scy=us&slg=en

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 29, 2010, 4:10 AM

Post #23 of 34 (129118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chadhiggins503] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Page 11 of user manual.

occupant
New User

Jul 11, 2011, 4:11 AM

Post #24 of 34 (119132 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wanted to say I purchased two of these older 27" CRT televisions from a school surplus auction. One works fine, no problems, can access all menu functions. The other, well, it's locked to a handful of VHF channels and the only "menu" functions are cc and sleep. I've got channel 3, 7, 9, and 13. The local cable company has a Motorola DVR and it REQUIRES the TV to be on 4. Can't make it 3, most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, you'd think any cable box can work on 3 or 4, but no matter. So I tried a few universal remotes with no luck and then scoured the internet for solutions resulting in finding this thread.

Thank you for having this up where it is found in Google searches. I put in "Philips 27 TV can't get to menu" and this was the number one result. I will be taking this TV to a local TV shop sometime this week and if they can unlock it for a reasonable cost I'll be happy. Otherwise I'll see about one of these "green" remotes you're talking about.

Signed up just to thank you all. Will post results shortly. PA5027 C204 is the model number on the back, by the way. Same for both of them, that is. Great TV, picture is nice, sound is plenty loud at 30-40 volume, these things cost me $5 apiece. Couldn't be happier! Could spend twenty times as much and be happy, and after a labor charge to unlock the one, will probably be right there. And still happy.

indnracn2
New User

Sep 30, 2011, 6:58 PM

Post #25 of 34 (115574 views)
Shortcut

hello guys i know this post is really old hoping someone still out there might help. I just got some pc7225 c107 tv's. I purchased the green remote. The tv behaves wierd. I did check it was in commercial mode so i used the code edsboats posted 024995 and got it in commercial mode. using green remote switch on set up press recall shows consumer. However out of set up mode on green remote in guest mode i press channel up and down i am missing some channels but only goes to channel 40. Press menu still only shows sleep and cc not menu though. I put back into setup mode switch and press menu and program channels all channels show up to 80 when i scroll through channels this way in setup mode it keeps reverting back to channel 1. is there a way to just reset the whole tv back to factory? I cant seem to get passed channel 40 in guest mode and passed channel 1 in setup mode but when i press recall in setup mode it does show that i am in consumer mode now.?

any help will be appreciated thank you.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.29 s on (CGI/1.1)