Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Need help with garbled display on 42" jvc lcd

Tree0
New User

Feb 12, 2019, 12:08 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1041 views)
Shortcut
Need help with garbled display on 42" jvc lcd Can't Post

Hi everybody its my first post, just joined up because im having trouble I can't solve on my own.

So I have a 42" jvc lcd tv about 8 years old yeah I know its old but I like it.
So when it was still in warranty maybye 5 years ago I had a issue with garbled jumpy display, audio ok. Guys came to my house fixed on spot, I think they soldered something but was 5 years ago.

Recently the issue came back. It happens random sometimes after 5 minutes others after 30.I do have pretty good electronics repair skill including soldering.

So first thing I did is open it up look for bulging leaking capacitors on all the boards, no luck all nice and flat and round.

I have a spare working inverter board so changed that incase, still same issue. Didn't think inverter was the cause.

Next I got a second tconn board, put it in and exactly the same issue. So it looks like its the main board.

The question I am hoping somebody can help me out with is this. On one of the boards, where one of the cables from the tconn board goes I can see what looks like some flux residue which makes me think a part was replaced possibly by the guys that fixed my tv. Since its the same issue now I want to try replace this part.
To my it looks like a timing crystal Kv12.000mc
(picture below)
Before I try to find a replacement I am wondering if somebody here can tell me if this part could be responsible for the issue I am seeing or its a coincidence there is flux residue around.

https://i.ibb.co/...-20190212-093218.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/...-20190212-093254.jpg

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 12, 2019, 2:58 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tree0] Need help with garbled display on 42" jvc lcd [In reply to] Can't Post

NOT responsible. Wink

-------------------------

Tree0
New User

Feb 12, 2019, 4:17 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Need help with garbled display on 42" jvc lcd [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the confirmation, I won't be wasting time on that crystal then. I guess the Mainboard is the culprit, maybye I will remove it and give it a quick reheat with a heatgun if some cold joints have developed (wishfull thinking)

Tree0
New User

Feb 12, 2019, 11:19 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tree0] Need help with garbled display on 42" jvc lcd [In reply to] Can't Post

So I found the problem, took out the board like I said to heatgun it. I saw on the back flux marks from where 1 capacitor was changed. Visually the capacitor was not budged or deformed, it smelled a bit burned but since its been changed before and fixed this problem I decided to change it again. 25V 470uf and working for 4 hrs so far no garbled picture
here is a picture maybye will help somebody
https://i.ibb.co/...-20190212-211040.jpg

arizanotlari
New User

Mar 11, 2019, 7:25 PM

Post #5 of 5 (957 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Tree0

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)