Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
65" Insignia Screen Flash and Relay Clicking Problem

acp2000
New User

Dec 7, 2017, 4:11 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1002 views)
Shortcut
65" Insignia Screen Flash and Relay Clicking Problem Can't Post

Hey! I'm new to this sort of electronic repair but I decided to take a stab at fixing this TV my work was going to throw away. So for the specs: the number on the power supply is 19.64S03.001. I don't know the exact model of the TV but from what I could find is the model might be a NS-65D260A13.

So the issue is that when the power cord is plugged in, after the power supply warms up the relay start snapping and the screen flashes along with the snapping of the relay. I help a magnet up to the relay to hold it open or closed and the screen still flashes. I can take two of the three plugs out of the power supply to get the board to click the relay without flashing the screen (not sure if that's useful infromation?). It seems like people all over the internet suggest that it's usually the capacitors that go bad but all the ones on all the boards look visually alright.

I took the boards back to work and looked it over with an EE that's on my team and he didn't find any shorts after testing it with a DMM.

Here is a link to a video of the problem. This is probably the best way to see what's actually going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAPmx9r_nqw

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should check/do next please let me know!

Thank you!

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 7, 2017, 5:14 AM

Post #2 of 2 (996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acp2000] 65" Insignia Screen Flash and Relay Clicking Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Defective LEDs in an LED backlit TV is very common.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)