TV menu stuck in hotel mode

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

shelebrate
New User

Apr 1, 2012, 11:27 PM

Post #26 of 34 (12580 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought a Philips TV, without a remote, at an auction yesterday and they mentioned the TVs(there were 10) were from a motel. Didn't know about motel locks until I researched the internet today. I get a lot of the cable channels, but not all, and coloring is a little green, but can only access cc and sleep mode. Can I switch this set from hotel to consumer operation? Model#OCV725-C107 Chassis#25B700-7562. I own 2 remotes that control volume & channels on this TV. They are Philips-T203DG-PA01 and Hitachi-VT-RM617A Thanks!

Ron.M
Veteran

Apr 2, 2012, 4:33 PM

Post #27 of 34 (12566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shelebrate] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

shelebrate;.....

Can I switch this set from hotel to consumer operation?

Maybe , maybe not by you....
The set can be switched over , but it depends on your ability...
Either way a special remote is needed...
You may be able to do it yourself OR you can take the set to a HONEST , REPUTABLE Authorized Philips/Magnavox Service center/TV shop & they can do it for you...
Should cost about $20 USD or less & take about 10~15 minutes to do...
Go to posts # 14 & #16 in this thread for more info & help...

The green coloring most likely can be adjusted using the "tint" adjustment once you get the set converted to consumer use & then you will get the consumer menu to play around with....
Let us know how you make out...THANKS....Smile....

Good Luck....Smile....

Later...Ron.M....Cool...
Veteran & Retired TV technician

shelebrate
New User

Apr 4, 2012, 4:07 AM

Post #28 of 34 (12545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the advice. I don't know though, $20 seems awful steep. You see, I only paid $20 for the TV at the auction. That will double the cost! Shocked Just kidding. I'll call around tomorrow and see if I can find someone who's got the remote. Thanks again!

bogforce
New User

Jan 23, 2013, 11:19 PM

Post #29 of 34 (10852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shelebrate] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is what worked on my old Philips TV. Hit 319753 mute on the remote. Went to full menu. I was able to do the channel search.

atom58
New User

Sep 14, 2017, 6:11 PM

Post #30 of 34 (2704 views)
Shortcut
TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

I just realized that the Philips CRT TV I inherited from a prior tenant (when she moved in 2016, she left it behind along with a bicycle with a broken chain) must be a hotel TV in hotel mode as the Features Menu looks much like the photo posted. There is some wonderful information in this forum. I think I will buy the successor Anderic RR2573 remote for $23.95 and try that to unlock it as no remote was left behind by my former tenant. This all happened when we evacuated from a wood frame condo in a flood zone in St. Johns County to a concrete block condo currently vacant in a non-flood zone in Duval County during Hurricane Irma. Fortunately, we sustained no damage. We did this 11 months ago during Hurricane Matthew too but just realized the old TV was in storage. <br>

(This post was edited by atom58 on Sep 23, 2017, 3:15 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 15, 2017, 8:58 AM

Post #31 of 34 (2703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [atom58] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Posting Model Number of the television will allow confirmation.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Sep 15, 2017, 9:00 AM)

atom58
New User

Sep 15, 2017, 7:46 PM

Post #32 of 34 (2700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a Philips 25LT220L/17.Smile

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 16, 2017, 1:29 AM

Post #33 of 34 (2697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [atom58] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

Where I've gotten Operators Manuals for years ... Philips lists set, but no content available.
http://www.p4c.philips.com/...p;scy=US&slg=AEN

Anderic site Does have your set listed as Compatible.
https://www.anderic.com/...r-and-commercial-tvs

-------------------------

atom58
New User

Sep 23, 2017, 2:57 AM

Post #34 of 34 (2657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] TV menu stuck in hotel mode [In reply to] Can't Post

I have good news. The Anderic RR2573 successor remote worked. I pushed the recall (RCL) button and the screen showed commercial mode. I pushed Menu and tried the two numeric codes given by Anderic and mentioned in this forum but that did not move the needle but I still accidentally reset it to consumer mode. I think I pushed RCL followed by Reset and used the navigation buttons to change the mode. I turned the TV off, unplugged it, plugged it back in and turned it on again and it was still in consumer mode. Yes, "only" a 25 inch Philips TV but it will fit the old entertainment center in the 2nd bedroom and be my 4th TV. Also, the main reason I got the master remote was that sound was not working - with or without the $39 digital tuner with remote I bought from Walmart. I thought sound was somehow switched off and it turned out my guess was correct - not likely both speakers or both amplifiers in a stereo TV go bad at the same time. After the mode switch was made sound immediately came back on - clearer with the AVL (automatic volume level) off. I was happy as a clam - I could have jumped up and high fived myself! Stumbling upon this forum proved to be a great help. Frankly I didn't know about the hotel aftermarket but now I do.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)