Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
JVC 1480M CRT TV jail bars / vertical lines

cyberluke
New User

May 1, 2022, 9:45 AM

Post #1 of 2 (584 views)
Shortcut
JVC 1480M CRT TV jail bars / vertical lines Can't Post

Hi, currently I would like to help with solving a jail bars (vertical ghosting lines), but I will tell you the whole story here:

I'm a retrogamer and found 14'' JVC 1480M TV. It was working fine for about a week, but yesterday I kept it on for 10 hours and forgot to turn it off (it was rainy storm weather outside). When I went back I noticed a diagonal horizontal white lines. With the help of other threads here, I found out it is a white retrace line from a blanking circuit. Therefore, I adjusted G2 flyback voltage a little bit down and the problem is gone!

But now jail bars / vertical ghosting appeared. When I turned down the G2, the detail is much lower. Less vibrant colours, lower contrast. Adjusting contract/colour/brightness knobs on TV itself does not solve the problem. The quality of picture and detail has gone worse. From premium like JVC quality and vivid colours, now I have a feel of cheap old ordinary TV.

What would you suggest to do? I am attaching full service manual and some PCB service manual here. Visually, the capacitors and PCB look ok. Just dusty, but no leak, no big bloaty capacitors here.

What should I do?
1) turn back flyback voltage up a little more? (spend one hour with it and jail bars are always there from now on)
2) replace flyback
3) replace capacitors
4) tune some additional stuff according to the service manual

(This post was edited by cyberluke on May 2, 2022, 3:59 AM)

cyberluke
New User

May 1, 2022, 9:47 AM

Post #2 of 2 (582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyberluke] JVC 1480M CRT TV jail bars / vertical lines [In reply to] Can't Post

I googled JVC 1480M service manual and schematics PDF and have shared it here on Microsoft OneDrive:
https://1drv.ms/...JOPjq9iNT3g?e=teUcJj

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)