Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
sharp lc55ub30u backlight help

huby11507
New User

Feb 25, 2019, 10:46 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1036 views)
Shortcut
sharp lc55ub30u backlight help Can't Post

hi guys I have a lc55ub30u and the top of the picture got dark. well i went and bought a new tv and im pretty handy so i thought why not try and fix the old one. I am a electrician by trade and have had electronics training but never used it. ok now tore the tv apart and has 6 rows of leds top 3 were not working. i tried troubleshooting via youtube with no definite answer. voltage leaving board as v1-72 and v2-116 with leds plugged up. i unplugged and got 88v across v1 and v2. based on what little info i could find i thought i had a bad led strip. i ordered 3 off ebay for 25 bucks and thought i would replace all the top ones. they came in and it wasn't full strip just halves. i assembled one and put it in every location and still nothing so now i don't know if it is leds. i would like to fix the tv and don't mind spending 50 more bucks but should i buy the 35 dollar board? or buy more leds? what can i do to narrow it down? i have seen removing strips and testing with batteries but at what voltage do i need? any help would be greatly appreciated i know i can fix it but don't want to have 35 in board and 50 in more leds if possible.

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 27, 2019, 8:01 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huby11507] sharp lc55ub30u backlight help [In reply to] Can't Post

i have seen removing strips and testing with batteries but at what voltage do i need?

Approximately 3 volts per LED.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)