Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
My Vizio E470i-AO

Oroman
New User

Feb 12, 2019, 6:30 AM

Post #1 of 5 (958 views)
Shortcut
My Vizio E470i-AO Can't Post

One day my Vizio E470i-AO went blank screen overnight. I replaced power board and main board before I did flashlight test. I do see tv image with flashlight test, but no sound. I have correct 5v standby power and on/off voltage on PS board. I have zero backlights. I have too high a voltage going to LED's (close to 130v when shopjimmy says it should be about 100v); 2 test points. Shopjimmy video says too high voltage LED's are bad. Again, all indications are that all I need to do is replace all 12 LED strips. But why no sound? Is that normal for bad LED's or is there something else also wrong?

Can anyone out there help me with this no backlights/sound question given my test results this far?

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 13, 2019, 12:40 AM

Post #2 of 5 (951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oroman] My Vizio E470i-AO [In reply to] Can't Post

TV = Mute?
Speakers = Off?

-------------------------

Oroman
New User

Feb 13, 2019, 6:00 PM

Post #3 of 5 (940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] My Vizio E470i-AO [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, that was the problem. Tv speakers were off when the led's went out. I had a heck of a time getting them switched on with black screen and flashlight. I ordered new LED strips from shopjimmy. LED replacement video shows my tv has 6 rows of 10 each LED clusters. All of the product pics of strips, R1, R2, L1 and L2 I have seen show 6 strips of 5 led's and 6 strips of 4 led's, which adds up to 54 not 60. Anybody know what's up with that. Shopping assured me I ordered the correct kit...but the pic doesn't match??? Has anyone out there ordered led's from shopjimmy and correctly received the 12 strips of 5 leds' each?

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 13, 2019, 7:43 PM

Post #4 of 5 (939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oroman] My Vizio E470i-AO [In reply to] Can't Post

PLEASE make sure the LED panel in your TV matches the information in this listing before ordering. DO NOT simply order by model number, as this may result in receiving LED strips that are incompatible with your TV.

-------------------------

Oroman
New User

Feb 13, 2019, 8:10 PM

Post #5 of 5 (935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] My Vizio E470i-AO [In reply to] Can't Post

Good advise. Yes I have made sure panel ID# (not tv model) is a match for the leds. It looks like my tv does take 54 LED clusters and the videos I have seen are for a different model that takes 60. Thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)