Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Yes Backlight no picture, replaced main board, non-existant t-con?

tvnewbie23
New User

Feb 9, 2020, 6:38 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1750 views)
Shortcut
Yes Backlight no picture, replaced main board, non-existant t-con? Can't Post

Model: TCL Roku 49s405

Powers on, has full backlight. No image. No sound coming from main 3 HDMI inputs when I stick in a chromecast, though who knows if this thing is just sitting on a roku menu or something. Buttons on the bottom generate sound but they're likely hard-wired.

I open up the back. Components look good. I replace the main board. Same exact issue. So I'm thinking it's the t-con except.... I can't seem to find it. I trace the ribbon cable from the main board down to the bottom of the TV and it connects to a very thin (1-2cm) board that runs the entire length of the TV under an additional metal shield. Doesn't look like a t-con board. Can't find a replacement online. Is this thing built into the video board? How do I further troubleshoot?

In summary: yes backlight, no video, unknown sound, video board already replaced and did not fix.

Please and thank you.

(This post was edited by tvnewbie23 on Feb 9, 2020, 6:33 PM)

sallen
New User

Sep 4, 2020, 8:19 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tvnewbie23] Yes Backlight no picture, replaced main board, non-existant t-con? [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you fix your TV?

tvrepairtech_
New User

Jun 21, 2021, 5:31 PM

Post #3 of 3 (810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sallen] Yes Backlight no picture, replaced main board, non-existant t-con? [In reply to] Can't Post

Then your tcon is built into the main board. If you have two ribbon cable connections coming off of the main board into the bottom of the TV then it’s made onto the main board. Id get a replacement or purchase another main board and if it doesn’t change the symptoms, it’s the panel.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)