Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith SR2049DT CRT Inputs Not Working

yell0w_lantern
New User

Nov 11, 2018, 4:17 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1006 views)
Shortcut
Zenith SR2049DT CRT Inputs Not Working Can't Post

I tried to add analog RGB inputs to my CRT so I could use my European Amiga and my Atari ST on the same television. I thought I had everything mapped out and just right but when I plugged in the set I heard a crackling and popping sound. Then I smelled burnt components. On the jack board 4 resistors were blown and one cap looked suspicious so I replaced all of those and totally removed the modifications I had made.

Sound input works on the white audio jack but I get nothing through my coaxial antenna input or my composite video input. My OSD still works though and I do get snow over the tuner.

I don't see any other obviously damaged components so I was hoping to get some direction on what may need to be replaced.

I have included a link to the service manual in pdf format.

Thank you in advance.

https://drive.google.com/...Peo/view?usp=sharing

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 11, 2018, 10:59 PM

Post #2 of 4 (983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yell0w_lantern] Zenith SR2049DT CRT Inputs Not Working [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably video processor IC, but without seeing your modifications ...

-------------------------

yell0w_lantern
New User

Nov 18, 2018, 4:46 AM

Post #3 of 4 (949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Zenith SR2049DT CRT Inputs Not Working [In reply to] Can't Post

Belated thanks! I wanted to try the repair before responding.
Okay, I have replaced the Video processor (Toshiba TA8879n) and while the OSD looks better, still no picture from coaxial or video composite.
Mods are already pulled.
Found a singed area near the front of the board. I marked it in the placement chart.
https://drive.google.com/...tBxyvWhVvrN3POSB6bCc

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 18, 2018, 6:45 AM

Post #4 of 4 (946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yell0w_lantern] Zenith SR2049DT CRT Inputs Not Working [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless 'singed' area wasn't present BEFORE your experiments, doubt it has anything to do with this.

Schematics show circuits before mod installed and (supposedly) after mod removed. You need to show the modification(s) so we can see where you went wrong.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)