Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Re: LG 42LN613V TV No Image..Sound Only!

Ballboy1066
New User

Feb 25, 2018, 5:51 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1227 views)
Shortcut
Re: LG 42LN613V TV No Image..Sound Only! Can't Post

I have a 4yr old 42inch Smart TV an LG 42613V. I suspect an LED strip failure (not yet dismantled and tested at this stage until I'm happy with my power/LED driver board). <br> <br>I have a standby power-light and the set powers up when I power on I have audio TV Channels/Radio Channels but, no screen/backlights. <br> <br>I have established the following, <br> <br>a, T-Con board okay; flashlight test (with menu on) shows feint menu outline on the black screen. <br>b, I have power from power-board to, and from, the main (logic) board; the return values are correct from main board as per the 'legend' on the board. <br>c, I have tested LED driver output power to LEDs both connected, and disconnected; and I'm getting some weird results from this test. I have LED+ and LED- (x2); <br> CONNECTED- LED+(1)= 119v dropping to 57v <br> LED+(2)= 78v dropping to 57v <br> ------------------------------------ <br> DIS-CONNECTED- LED+(1)= 117v dropping to 57v <br> LED+(2)= 110v dropping to 57v <br> <br> I suspect that my LED driver is okay and the strip lights, when connected, are causing me problems but, before I dismantle the panel I'd appreciate any advice as to the readings I'm getting to give me some pointers? I expected the voltage to increase with an LED strip-light failure but I'm getting this voltage drop scenario which is confusing me. <br> <br> ballboy1066 <br>

(This post was edited by Ballboy1066 on Feb 26, 2018, 2:55 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 25, 2018, 9:55 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ballboy1066] LG 42613V TV No Image..Sound Only! [In reply to] Can't Post

More info here: https://www.shopjimmy.com/...0-strips-1-board.htm

Yes, I know one of videos is for a Vizio. But heck, If you can give incomplete model number ...

"There are none so blind as those who will not see." Board AND strips may fail together.

-------------------------

Ballboy1066
New User

Feb 26, 2018, 2:36 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] LG 42LN613V TV No Image..Sound Only! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry about that... The model number is 42LN613V (-Panel number LC420DUE(SF)-). <br> <br>I appreciate where you're coming from.. and I'm ruling nothing out. The power-board could have instigated the LEDs to fail/short with it's fluctuating power issues. That's why I was hoping for someone on the forum to give me some pointers on my readings.. especially when the board is disconnected from the LED strip...117volts and 110volts is fine but why the drop to 57volts? Thank you for that 'ShopJimmy' link by-the-way. Any pointers will be gratefully appreciated. <br> Ballboy1066. <br>

(This post was edited by Ballboy1066 on Feb 26, 2018, 2:49 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)