Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Rear Projection Problem (Red Line?)

Flip
New User

Dec 8, 2004, 1:02 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Rear Projection Problem (Red Line?) Can't Post

I have a SONY KPR-53EX35 Older 53" rear projection. The screen has a red line acrosss the middle through the image. I also notice that there is no red color in the lower part of the picture under the line but above seems to be normal. Initially the red line would only last for about 30seconds but now it is constant.

I'd like to try and fix this myself, any ideas?

minehunter
User

Dec 8, 2004, 1:33 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Flip] Rear Projection Problem (Red Line?) [In reply to] Can't Post

Your red convergence Ic has cracked solder connections, but by now i would be willing to bet a bunch of money that you have burnt the red phosphors in teh crt and that line will be there forever even if you repair the Ic. You'll get a whole picture back but there will be always be a line through the center of the picture. The only way to get rid of the line is to either put in a new red CRT or replace the set.

Flip
New User

Dec 8, 2004, 3:51 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1496 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minehunter] Rear Projection Problem (Red Line?) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your reply. Got the back and the front off. Lotsa dust. Could you suggest what board I should start with, that is, which board has the IC controller for the red gun? Front panel under screen? More so, if this is a commn ccurance, perhaps yu might suggest which chip has the ground fault, assuming that it is the ground.

minehunter
User

Dec 8, 2004, 5:31 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Flip] Rear Projection Problem (Red Line?) [In reply to] Can't Post

If i remeber correctly it is a vertical pannel with a lot of 3 legged Ic's on it. Just remove that panel and start soldering all of them.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)