F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Russell Westbrook is 'out of his cotton pickin' mind' during game broadcast

yanlin
New User

Apr 14, 2018, 3:37 AM

Post #1 of 1 (744 views)
Shortcut
Russell Westbrook is 'out of his cotton pickin' mind' during game broadcast Can't Post

There are a lot of terms one could use to describe Russell Westbrook's play. Explosive. Fiery. Passionate. The Thunder play-by-play announcer decided to go another route, however, and it resulted in a suspension. Wholesale Marlboro Gold Cigarettes Price The Render @TheRenderNBA OKC announcer saying Westbrook is out of his cotton picking mind 9:36 AM - Apr 12, 2018 28 44 people are talking about this Twitter Ads info and privacy Brian Davis, a full-time employee of the team, referred to Westbrook as being "out of his cotton pickin' mind" during the Thunder's win over the Grizzlies Wednesday. 4th-quarter benching another sign OKC no paradise for Carmelo ESPN reporter Royce Young tweeted that Davis has now been suspended for Game 1 of the Thunder’s first-round series again the Jazz Sunday night. Royce Young ✔ @royceyoung The Thunder have suspended play-by-play announcer Brian Davis for Game 1 against the Jazz. Matt Pinto will fill in for him. 1:45 AM - Apr 14, 2018 830 467 people are talking about this Twitter Ads info and privacy Davis released a statement to ESPN following the news of his suspension. Newports Marlboro Red Cigarettes Price cheaper online “It is with great remorse and humility that I accept this suspension for the insensitive words I used during Wednesday’s broadcast. While unintentional, I understand and acknowledge the gravity of the situation,” Davis said, “I offer my sincere apology and realize that, while I committed a lapse in judgement, such mistakes come with consequences. This is an appropriate consequence for my actions.” Davis made the call after Westbrook led a fast break, driving to the hoop before making an acrobatic underhand pass to Terrance Ferguson in the corner, who drilled a three-pointer to put the Thunder up 61-46. Paul George says Thunder’s big three are ‘officiated differently' "Russell looking for Ferguson in the corner for three. Bang! Westbrook is out of his cotton pickin' mind!" Davis exclaimed. Newport 100s Cigarettes Price wholesale The Thunder called Davis' remarks "offensive and inappropriate." "We think obviously the use of that term was offensive and inappropriate, and I expressed that to Brian last night," Dan Mahoney, the team's vice president of broadcasting, told The Norman Transcript on Thursday. "Brian assures me that it was not meant in any derogatory way, and he apologizes. But again, we feel strongly that it's inappropriate and offensive." Westbrook finished with six points, 19 assists and 20 rebounds, becoming the first player to average a triple-double in multiple seasons. The Warriors’ toughest opponent is complacency The phrase "out of his cotton-pickin' mind" originated as a term to describe workers who harvested crops in the South during the 17th-to-19th century. It has since become a slang term for "crazy" but is often perceived as derogatory with racial overtones and associated with slavery.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)