Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
SAMSUNG UN46FH6030 Not turning on anymore

jmcgarva
New User

Aug 28, 2016, 6:08 PM

Post #1 of 12 (3562 views)
Shortcut
SAMSUNG UN46FH6030 Not turning on anymore Can't Post

Hey guys, I believe my house or near my house got hit by lightning. My TV which is a SAMSUNG UN46FH6030 was working fine then next thing you know, a huge hit of lightning and my TV went out and my Ethernet cable in the other room where my internet is and desktop was also fired. The computer and router where fine... So that is why I think the house got hit..

Anyway, I was in the middle of programming the new TV remote when the TV went out. So I dont even have a remote to turn it on and all. But I do have the buttons under the TV that can be used to turn it on and off with..

After the lightning hit I noticed a red light blinking on the TV. After a few hours I noticed the red light went back to steady on which was default for when the TV was off. Nothing, TV was still dead. After research online I read that a lot of people thought it was the power board of the tv which it seems other people had the same issues.. So I went out and bought a power board. After install of the power board and everything hooked back up correctly I still had a dead tv. Same, with the red light.. Just steady on which is default for when it was working.

I do not hear any clicking when I try and turn the TV on, which its hard to hear because the button under the TV is loud anyway when you press it. I do have a vault meter if this would help any. Im just not sure where to test it at.

I am not sure if I bought a dead board.. I did buy it used off ebay which the description said it was guaranteed to worked which I know people any type anything in there. Haha..
Maybe the TV isnt turning on because I dont have a remote?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated
Thank you

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 28, 2016, 7:42 PM

Post #2 of 12 (3558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jmcgarva] SAMSUNG UN46FH6030 Not turning on anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

I do have a vault meter if this would help any.

The Olympic games are over.Wink

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 28, 2016, 7:42 PM)

jmcgarva
New User

Aug 28, 2016, 7:43 PM

Post #3 of 12 (3555 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] SAMSUNG UN46FH6030 Not turning on anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

I do have a vault meter if this would help any.

The Olympic games are over.Wink

Good catch!! (voltmeter***) LOL

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 28, 2016, 8:18 PM

Post #4 of 12 (3552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jmcgarva] SAMSUNG UN46FH6030 Not turning on anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

From Quick Guide:
"The TV’s Controller, a small joy stick like button on the bottom right side of the TV, lets you control the TV without the remote
control.

See if screen comes on (and stays on) with Main board to Power Supply/LED Driver board cable unplugged. (And TV set plugged into the AC outlet)

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Aug 28, 2016, 8:20 PM)

jmcgarva
New User

Aug 30, 2016, 1:24 AM

Post #5 of 12 (3522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] SAMSUNG UN46FH6030 Not turning on anymore [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

From Quick Guide:
"The TV’s Controller, a small joy stick like button on the bottom right side of the TV, lets you control the TV without the remote
control.

See if screen comes on (and stays on) with Main board to Power Supply/LED Driver board cable unplugged. (And TV set plugged into the AC outlet)

OK I did what you told me to do.. And yes a background light comes and stays on. There is no picture, just a back ground light.. You can see that in two of the photos...

The last photo with the circles indicates the parts I replaced..

The red circle is the power supply that I just bought a new one of.. The green circle is that part that I unplugged to gain that back light.. I think that is what you wanted me to do...

Thank you so far with the help

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 30, 2016, 2:37 AM

Post #6 of 12 (3521 views)
Shortcut

Oh Crap! I've gone and developed picture blindness.

Either that or you're posting links where the link text is the same color as the sites' background.

jmcgarva
New User

Aug 30, 2016, 2:42 AM

Post #7 of 12 (3518 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Oh Crap! I've gone and developed picture blindness.

Either that or you're posting links where the link text is the same color as the sites' background.

Oh know, the pictures show up just as well as my TV screen does currently.. Long Day sorry..

(This post was edited by jmcgarva on Aug 30, 2016, 2:46 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 30, 2016, 3:38 AM

Post #8 of 12 (3512 views)
Shortcut

With Main to PS/LED Driver wire plugged in = No backlight.
With Main to PS/LED Driver wire UNplugged = HAS backlight.

I'd suspect the Main Board.Cool

jmcgarva
New User

Aug 30, 2016, 11:30 PM

Post #9 of 12 (3494 views)
Shortcut

Okay so let me get this straight. The board on the left side of the picture is the "main board" and is the green one. And the board to the right side of the PS/LED board and is the off yellowish color?

So what I need is the main board (the green one).

I'm guessing I can hook up my old board and if the light comes on with the wire unplugged like I did a few posts ago, then I can return this new ps/led board.. And buy the main board

Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 31, 2016, 1:45 AM

Post #10 of 12 (3493 views)
Shortcut

Should be your set. Many models may use more than one part numbered boards during its production run. Always check by full board part number.

https://www.shopjimmy.com/...msung+UN46FH6030FXZA

jmcgarva
New User

Sep 9, 2016, 7:24 PM

Post #11 of 12 (3440 views)
Shortcut

OK guys. I returned the power board and bought the exact model "main board" I have a picture now... The samsung logo pops up and then it goes right to white - gray striped lines. I am un able to power off or do anything. Keep in mind I dont have a remote and I am just using the button under the tv. Ive changed inputs and such before from that button but I cant do anything now. I can un plug it and plug it back in to turn it off.. Other then that as soon as it gets power it goes right to that gray and white stripped screen. I added a picture...

What is next guys? I have a small board in the middle button of the TV. And the power board is the original since I returned that one being yall thought it was the main board. Any tips??

Thanks

[url=https://postimg.org/image/914ij1u4p/]

jmcgarva
New User

Sep 26, 2016, 1:19 AM

Post #12 of 12 (3346 views)
Shortcut

Bump?? Anything advise guys?? There has to be someone out there that knows what I have to do at this point? Is this an easy fix of a dead tv?

Thanks for all your help so far

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)