F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
SAMSUNG ps51d550c1k no power. Noticed burn mark on Logic F Buffer Board

Tone_br
New User

Nov 23, 2019, 10:27 PM

Post #1 of 3 (834 views)
Shortcut
SAMSUNG ps51d550c1k no power. Noticed burn mark on Logic F Buffer Board Can't Post

Hi to forum, TV didn't turn on tonight. Checked fuse and power supply to socket, no problem. Could smell a little burning from a vent. Disconnected tv and carefully took back off touching nothing inside. I noticed a burn mark on the Logic F Buffer board which has the number marked on it as LJl92-01755abcdef. Is it safe to swap this board over if I can find one, will this fix it or could there be other damage on other boards ? Is it worth fixing ?. It is a lovely TV. I have a photo of the board but not sure how to add it.

(This post was edited by Tone_br on Nov 23, 2019, 10:28 PM)

Pinnacle
New User

Dec 24, 2019, 3:21 PM

Post #2 of 3 (755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tone_br] SAMSUNG ps51d550c1k no power. Noticed burn mark on Logic F Buffer Board [In reply to] Can't Post

In our experience with these models, you have a 50/50 shot that the board alone will repair the set. The other half the panel is also affected, and new board will just do the same. They are relatively inexpensive though so worth a shot.

One thing you can check, is look closely at the front of the panel. Look at all the pixels and if you see one or a couple together that are black/dark, this is usually an indication that the panel caused the board failure. If you dont see any, then you have a good chance of the board fixing it.

Tone_br
New User

Dec 24, 2019, 4:20 PM

Post #3 of 3 (749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pinnacle] SAMSUNG ps51d550c1k no power. Noticed burn mark on Logic F Buffer Board [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi and Many thanks for your kind reply. I didn't receive any replies to my post (until now) and the only place I found such a board with all the correct markings was in St Petersburg ! So, sadly, I took it to the tip last Friday :(
Once again thanks for replying and have a wonderful Christmas
Regards
Tony

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)