Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
SONY KP-61PS1 doesn't turn on, only click.

stoffe
New User

Mar 28, 2005, 9:55 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1277 views)
Shortcut
SONY KP-61PS1 doesn't turn on, only click. Can't Post

"KP-61PS1(K)" backprojection model in RE-3 chassie (european model 220Volt), other related models; KP-48PS1(K), KP-53PS1(K).

Just died one day for no particular reason, relay in power supply will click when trying to power up. Will click again after appr. three seconds. Standby LED will go out during "power up", will come back on after the second click. No flashing (error codes) from LED.

Been trying to disconnect some boards, but only to find out that the clicking usually disappear.
I do have the complete service manual and have been able to measure voltage on most connectors on the "G" board (power supply) and found most of them come up to specified voltage. Actually I have not found any that didn't meet specified voltage. But as soon as the relay on G board clicks second time all goes away again.

My guess is some protection mode, 'cos any connector that I remove that holds a wire marked "PROT" will make the click stop. I will read appr. 4,5 Volts on that wire. Does this wire run like a loop in series between all boards or ?

I do have good basic electronic knowledge, but my area is mostly car related (car alarms and advanced car audio installs). So I'm by no ways a TV technician and have not read that kind of schematics since electronic school some 20 years ago.

Any input welcome...

(This post was edited by stoffe on Mar 29, 2005, 9:07 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)