Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
SONY KV24FV300 channel keep changing on it's own

ghostuss
New User

Feb 18, 2005, 10:45 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1079 views)
Shortcut
SONY KV24FV300 channel keep changing on it's own Can't Post

I think I bump the TV while moving, the channel would keep increasing. It acts like if you are holding down the + channel key on the remote when I am not. Like the numbers would keep going up and up none stop, if I press any other key(e.g. volumn), it would go to the channel the number happen to be in by itself. I am just a poor college student, so any kind help and advise would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Plz help me =(.

mel
Veteran

Feb 19, 2005, 1:00 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ghostuss] SONY KV24FV300 channel keep changing on it's own [In reply to] Can't Post

You may have a channel up button that is stuck. Remove the batteries from the remote and see if it stops. If not check the channel up button on the TV itself. Sometime just jiggling the button will unstick it or try spraying on a LITTLE WD40. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

ghostuss
New User

Feb 19, 2005, 8:17 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1061 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] SONY KV24FV300 channel keep changing on it's own [In reply to] Can't Post

The button don't look stuck unless it's stuck inside. It's not the remote cause I tried to take the battery out but still doing the same.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)