Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung 40" LED UA40D5500RMXXY AC03 cyclic reboot loop

Orph
New User

Jul 11, 2016, 1:38 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Samsung 40" LED UA40D5500RMXXY AC03 cyclic reboot loop Can't Post

I have a Samsung LED TV that cost quite a bit when it was new. Now that it is out of warranty, it's stopped working on me O_o
When I connect a power cord, it displays the Samsung Smart TV splash screen, shows HDMI 2 at the top left corner, then shuts itself off. The red power LED flashes 3 times and it then turns itself back on and repeats the process.

I have tried the following:
* pressing mute, 1, 8, 2, power on the remote.
* pressing power, 2, 5, 8, mute on the remote.
* removed the stand and the back off the TV, then:
* disconnected all cables and used canned air to blow out all connectors then re-connected them all.
* disconnected just the led backlight - unit power cycles without display.
* disconnected just the mainboard - led backlight remains on and no power cycling.
* disconnected just the T-CON - power cycles
* disconnected the front panel display control board - unit power cycles

I don't have any expensive equipment available here at home, but I have a hot air/soldering station and a multimeter (that I'm still learning to use). I've had experience in replacing capacitors on switching power supplies, pc motherboards and graphics cards etc, and some mobile phone repairs. I like to tinker but am not formally trained, and I'd like to try and figure out what's wrong with this TV without spending any or too much money on it (as I'm a broke single Dad lol)

I have noticed that one of the electrolytic capacitors has a very slightly uneven top, not enough to call it a dome though. They are mostly branded SAMWHA and SAMYOUNG. A few of them are PET also.

Before I go and spend $40 on a set of new capacitors, can you guys help me to troubleshoot it please?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)