Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung 50inch LCD LN52A550 screen problem

Sherron
New User

Jun 8, 2016, 5:30 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Samsung 50inch LCD LN52A550 screen problem Can't Post

So I bought the TV from a guy. Few days after I bought it, the horizontal flashing lines and double image appeared on the bottom of the screen. So I took the TV apart, disconnected the left tab that's responsible for the left side of the LCD screen, put a tape on it, took it off, then reconnected it. The lines and double image disappeared, but 2 days later, they reappeared again. So today I took it apart again, disconnected both LCD tabs, then reconnected them. The lines are gone, but the screen display got expanded all the way to the outside of the bottom screen. I did not change any settings using remote, and I tried to auto fill the screen , but the screen is still zoomed in. I really need some help please!Unsure

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 8, 2016, 6:44 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sherron] Samsung 50inch LCD LN52A550 screen problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Removable Tabs to the tcon board? or tabs to LCD PANEL?

If to the LCD panel, the following thread (and the contained links to other threads) will give you a rundown on tab bonding and various ways to attempt a cure.
http://www.badcaps.net/...owthread.php?t=29553

-------------------------

Sherron
New User

Jun 8, 2016, 5:43 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung 50inch LCD LN52A550 screen problem [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the 2 tabs that connect to the green lcd board. I put them back together. The color is right, no lines, but the image appear to be very large.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 8, 2016, 7:20 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sherron] Samsung 50inch LCD LN52A550 screen problem [In reply to] Can't Post

You didn't peruse the links at the thread I posted. The #1 post in that thread has a picture of the tcon (?green LCD board?) board. Links later in same thread discuss tab bonding issues.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)