Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung 55" TV - Boot loop but sometimes works fine - UE55MU6470U

torchzack
New User

Aug 28, 2023, 12:34 PM

Post #1 of 2 (567 views)
Shortcut
Samsung 55" TV - Boot loop but sometimes works fine - UE55MU6470U Can't Post

Hi Team - just joined to see if anyone can offer some expertise in diagnosing an issue with a TV.

I've done a few hours googling and youtubing but just seeing if anyone has any insight here. I got a 55" Samsung UE55MU6470U which seems to boot loop and then after 10 mins will boot, work for a few minutes, then turn off and repeat.

Whilst it's on into the normal Samsung menu/boot screen it looks perfect - so I can't see there being any screen issues. I've seen lots of videos with taping across clock lines to diagnose which particular one may be an issue but i don't think it's worth it given sometimes it will boot.

The cycle is:
>Black screen with "Samsung Smart TV" white text
>blank > to black screen with the same test (but top left of that seems to fade out slightly)
>Repeat until 1 time in 10 minutes it will boot normall and be fine.

I took the screen apart and disconnected the left and right ribbon cables separately and with either/none the backlight comes on and stays on. With Left OR Right plugged in ONLY the backlight will come on and stay on.
When BOTH are plugged in on the first time after (uplugging either side ribbon cable) it will boot straight away - then will go back into boot loop cycle.

Given the main (power) board is £25, and the "TCON" board is £40 - i feel like i should just buy one to see if that works.

Ideally looking to see if anyone's knowledge would lead it to be suspect of either of the boards. My first thought was power issue as it works sometimes - but then with the ribbon cable removed issue i think TCON board is more likely.

Any guidance or ideas would be great.

I'll grab some pictures if there's anything specific you think i should be looking at.

Thanks - Z

Davi.p
New User

Feb 23, 2024, 3:22 AM

Post #2 of 2 (114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [torchzack] Samsung 55" TV - Boot loop but sometimes works fine - UE55MU6470U [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, post a list of the power board to main board connector signals..
anyway my guess is for now defective panel/ panel strip boards...

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)