Samsung 60" UN60FH6200FXZA (HH01) no picture

dave00beer
New User

Jun 17, 2016, 2:29 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2481 views)
Shortcut
Samsung 60" UN60FH6200FXZA (HH01) no picture Can't Post

Hi guys, first post here.

I Have a Samsung 60" led smart tv. UN60FH6200FXZA (HH01)

Lost picture a couple weeks ago, has audio. After doing some researching online, I replaced the power supply board, which also has the LED drivers built in it. Bought the board used off ebay which was said to be a working board, installed, same problem.

So I then ordered from shopjimmy a complete repair kit, to try and eliminate any issues, well so I thought. The kit included main board, PS/LED board, and T-Con board.

https://www.shopjimmy.com/...ir-kit-version-1.htm

Just installed all 3 boards, but still have same problem. There were no backlights present with old PS/LED board nor is there now with the "new" boards. Would it be safe to say the problem could be the LED bars/strips themselfs? I'm not a tv repair person by any means, but have no problem getting my hands dirty to try and fix the issue. Is it worth the job, or should I look into a new TV?

I bought the TV when it was just a few months old in 2013 from my b-inlaw for a steal. I have about $110 extra into it now with the boards.

Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 17, 2016, 3:43 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave00beer] Samsung 60" UN60FH6200FXZA (HH01) no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Should have picture visible with flashlight test. Unplug CNM803 and IF ALL IS WELL backlights will turn on. If not Power Supply/LED Driver board defective or MORE LIKELY one or more LED bulbs inside the panel have burnt out.

could be the LED bars/strips themselfs?

LED(s) or connections where the strips plug in. Could be the many hours of operation (since TV was brand new probably) with backlight intensity set to MAXIMUM.

https://assets.shopjimmy.com/...h_led_strips-top.jpg

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jun 17, 2016, 3:44 AM)

dave00beer
New User

Jun 17, 2016, 10:41 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung 60" UN60FH6200FXZA (HH01) no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply there jts1957.

Yes it passes the flashlight test, sorry I failed to mention that in my post.

I can see the logo screen when turned on and can also access the menu features and such, so that's why I decided to go with a different power supply/LED board, but three different boards (one being the original) still same problem. I may have jumped the gun on buying the 3 boards from jimmys, but was hoping for a easy "plug-n-play" fix.

I unplugged CNM803 and no backlights. I would guess its time to get into this thing deeper, and get to the LED's. Would it be obvious to tell if there were "bad" LED's by visual? Also would it be recommended to just replace all the strips at one time, or just what maybe found as bad?
Thanks again,
Dave

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 17, 2016, 4:32 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave00beer] Samsung 60" UN60FH6200FXZA (HH01) no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

With the fragile panel CAREFULLY disassembled and power applied you MAY see problem or you may have to examine each strip and each plug in connector. If you still cant tell, take two 1.5 volt batteries and connect them together in series, attaching a red lead to the positive end and a black lead to the negative end. Put the resulting 3 volts to each LED observing polarity to see if each lights.

-------------------------

dave00beer
New User

Jun 18, 2016, 8:28 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung 60" UN60FH6200FXZA (HH01) no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

OK thank you for the info, I might attack this project over the weekend.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)