Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung 65 LED UN65KS8000FXZA won't power up. Red light cyclesg

aspenpup
New User

May 16, 2018, 6:52 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2392 views)
Shortcut
Samsung 65 LED UN65KS8000FXZA won't power up. Red light cyclesg Can't Post

Purchased UN65KS8000FXZA TV 1.5 years ago (Dec 2016), worked great until just a week ago. I was watching TV and screen just went blank without touching anything. When I tried to turn on, the red LED will briefly turn off, a brief flash of backlight, red light comes on for a few seconds, red light goes off, and then continues with cycle of backlight flashing, red light coming on, red light off, etc.

Since this is out of warranty, I looked into the problem and based upon symptom, it was suggested main board problem. Got a replacement main board and replaced but still same problem. Replaced the power board, still same problem.

Disconnected LCD & LED panel and speakers so it is not dragging down anything but same problem. I have 13v at power supply but after 4 seconds, voltage will dip down to 7 volts for a second and then back to 13v. This does not happen after I remove 2 cables from power board to main board. Seems like main board problem but that has been replaced already.

The only thing left is remote sensor / LED status light, can this go bad and cause the problem? Don't know how to check that.

Or, can this be some kind of software update that went wrong. If that is the case, how can I reload given symptoms?

(This post was edited by aspenpup on May 25, 2018, 3:58 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

May 16, 2018, 4:53 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aspenpup] Samsun 65 LED UN65KS8000FXZA won't power up. Red light cycles [In reply to] Can't Post

Make sure each and every LED backlight is illuminating.

-------------------------

aspenpup
New User

May 17, 2018, 6:50 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsun 65 LED UN65KS8000FXZA won't power up. Red light cycles [In reply to] Can't Post

I get this cycling even when LEDs are disconnected. Is there some kind of circuit that is looping, trying to detect if LEDs came on? Of course, when I disconnect the LED cables, I no longer get the flash on the screen but the red status light will continue to cycle on/off

VillageIdiot13
New User

Sep 1, 2019, 3:20 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aspenpup] Samsun 65 LED UN65KS8000FXZA won't power up. Red light cycles [In reply to] Can't Post

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I’m having the same issue. Could this be a software update issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VillageIdiot13
New User

Nov 10, 2019, 4:20 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aspenpup] Samsung 65 LED UN65KS8000FXZA won't power up. Red light cyclesg [In reply to] Can't Post

I’ve ready many things online saying that this caused by the panel “going bad” but even with the ribbon cables not connected the the control board, same thing. I have done board swaps for other “known good” boards with the same exact results.

1) power supply board mounted and LEDs plugged in the LED strips light up constant.

2) connect upper cable from power supply and main board and it goes all on & off. Disconnect this cable and LEDs come back on and stay on.

3) connect ALL cables except top cable... ribbon cables to display and all... no power cycle AND the TV connects via Ethernet cable to the network so guessing control board is powering up.

4) for shits and giggles, I swapped the control board from a 55” 8000 Series (physically same board with same connectors... firmware different of course) and you get some weird display that starts off dark and then from the lower right corner, the display brightens up radiating outward from that corner.

Does anyone know what the upper cable from power supply to control board? I’m going to leave it plugged in for hours, days, however long I don’t need that space on my bench and see what happens.

Would a failed firmware update cause the issues we’ve had? Is there a way to factory reset board to an original firmware? It would be interesting to know if this what happened. Maybe a bad firmware update release that rendered TVs as bad? Can you force a firmware update without having a display to go off of? Is it possible to download an older version of the firmware from somewhere and load it to the TV via one of the USB ports on the One Connect box?

I don’t give up easily. Any new thoughts? Maybe Samsung owes us some money after all. I don’t buy it that the panel has failed. I think there is more or less to it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)