Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung DLP TV Repair

egomes2107
New User

Oct 30, 2012, 5:04 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1550 views)
Shortcut
Samsung DLP TV Repair Can't Post

Hey guys, I have a Samsung DLP 56" TV with some issues. I dont have the model# off hand but it is the model with the button in the middle that lights up blue when turned on, if that helps at all.

A bulb blew at one point which was replaced and worked fine for about 5-6 months until something else went wrong. Now when the unit is powered on it makes a loud crackling sound and when you look at the bulb it looks like it is trying to power on as it flashes light everytime it tries to power on but it also makes that crackling sound everytime it attempts to fire on.

I replaced the Ballast which did not resolve the issue. Could it be the bulb again? what threw me off is last time the bulb went out it was completely out, this time around it does light up a little bit before making the noise and powering off so I figured it was some type of power issue..which is why I tried replacing the ballast.

Any insight on this?

thanks in advance!

74f100
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2012, 1:39 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [egomes2107] Samsung DLP TV Repair [In reply to] Can't Post

You are hearing the spark gap. That indicates a bad lamp, if you buy a cheap one off the web, then definitely likely.

Some Samsung DLP's also had a shroud on the lamp fan that clogs causing premature lamp failure.

Good luck,
Jim
HDMI not working

DCDLPTV
New User

Sep 19, 2020, 4:55 PM

Post #3 of 3 (913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [74f100] Samsung DLP TV Repair [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a Samsung 50" HL-S5087W tv in need of a replacement bulb.
I would like to purchase a genuine Philips bulb but cannot seem to find a legitimate source. Each place I find, after reading through the reviews, it seems people always complain of receiving knock-off bulbs. Does anyone know of an authorized distributor for Philips bulbs for this tv? Thanks in advance!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)