Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung HL-S6187W won't stay on after color wheel replacement

BrotherJ
New User

May 9, 2016, 2:08 PM

Post #1 of 1 (941 views)
Shortcut
Samsung HL-S6187W won't stay on after color wheel replacement Can't Post

Hello everyone. I hope someone out there can help me.

I have had this TV for almost 10 years with no problems. I am on my 3rd bulb and it is less than a year old. It is a Phillips brand.

About 4 months ago I started hearing a whining that sounded like an engine starting up. Occasionally the TV would shut off. It would sometimes take a few minute for it to come back on and stay on. The problem continued to get worse but we could usually get it back on and it would be fine for a while; it would just have the whining.

I read up on this and the problem seemed to be the color wheel. I installed a new on yesterday, along with 2 new cooling fans since most articles I read said they should be replaced at the same time since you are already in there. The old fans were original and the parts I replaced them with were the same make and model.

The problem now is that the TV will start up, now with no whining sounds, and the picture is crystal clear - for about a minute. Then I hear a slight squeaking sound and the bulb dims and brightens a few times then the TV shuts off. I have reseated all connections, even put an old fan back in, but it still does this.

I would appreciate any help anyone could give.

Thank you!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)