Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung LED Tv power repair help needed

sgtbuppers
New User

Jan 13, 2019, 7:18 PM

Post #1 of 2 (802 views)
Shortcut
Samsung LED Tv power repair help needed Can't Post

Hi guys, I was hoping someone could help me identify which component it is that has blown on the power board of my Samsung LED Tv.

Model code UE37es5500. There's no standy light anymore. I wasn't home when something blew inside and has been kept in the garage for 2 years since it happened. I've been watching videos online and most always point towards capacitors being the main problem.

However after opening mine it seems that all the capacitors are fine, but something underneath the heatsink has blown. I'm not sure what the component underneath it is. I was hoping someone could possibly identify it and let me know if it is something I can easily get a spare of and replace.

Please let me know if I need to take the heatsink off and show the component first. I didn't want to do anything anything before knowing what I'm getting myself into.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1jdny6akY_4ftSoG26LkDzy08pwbH8CNZ

Also, as if you don't know already, I have very limited electronics knowledge but am capable of soldering. Just need to be pointed in the right direction of what parts to replace.

Thank you in advance for your help.

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 14, 2019, 3:59 AM

Post #2 of 2 (797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sgtbuppers] Samsung LED Tv power repair help needed [In reply to] Can't Post

QP811

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)