Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung LN-T3232H 720p problems

blackbird307
New User

Jan 14, 2014, 5:32 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1675 views)
Shortcut
Samsung LN-T3232H 720p problems Can't Post

Greetings everyone! I notice there are alot of samsung threads Wink. Well, I have this Samsung television that makes a profound buzzing/squal noise when it's plugged in. The TV did not turn on.

I took it apart and found that a UF5406 Diode on the power supply had a massive crack in it along with a scorch mark on the PCB. I also determined that this was the source of the noise.

Oddly enough I was still getting 1.5V across it, (Datasheets say 1.7V) though it's still a significant deviation.

I had a similar rectifier sitting around, it was a 1N5406. When comparing the Datasheets, it was pretty much identical.

I removed the old one, and replaced it.

After plugging it in again, it seemed to start working, well, kinda. It made a noise, something that sounds like it's starting up, or turning on. Briefly the backlight went on and then the whole thing went dead. A few seconds later it started up again, and then it went dead once again, repeating until unplugged.

Now I feel that the diode I replaced was somewhat unique (since the only difference is that it may conduct faster??). The diode I replaced it with still makes a very faint buzzing noise, you have to put your ear near it to hear what's happening. Would it be necessary to obtain this UF5406? Or could there be some other problems? After scanning the board, I didn't seem to find any bulging capacitors. That's why I am here. Is it possible for someone to give me some suggestions or point me in the right direction?

Here is a picture of the power supply.

I have a little pile of TVs which are also exhibiting this problem. The turn on and then shut off one.

Thanks!

In Reply To

(This post was edited by blackbird307 on Jan 14, 2014, 5:41 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 14, 2014, 1:21 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackbird307] Samsung LN-T3232H 720p problems [In reply to] Can't Post

1) Concentrate on one set at a time;
2) See what you can do to reduce the picture size, as Ron will/would point out, not many of us have IMAX monitors;
3) How far down the troubleshooting tree do you get?
4) As is usual nowadays, Service literature does NOT provide schematic of PS. I Found elsewhere.
5) Always best to replace like with like (or good with better rated). Condition of major semiconductor components upstream / downstream from failed part?

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)