Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung PN64D7000FF not coming on

Revrat
New User

Dec 22, 2017, 5:43 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1379 views)
Shortcut
Samsung PN64D7000FF not coming on Can't Post

Hi everyone, I hope you are all enjoying this holiday season.

I have a Samsung PN6400D7000FF plasma that will not turn on or do much of anything. When I plug it in I get 6 flashes of the standby light but if I press the power button I just get a brief flicker and nothing happens. There is no audio, video, backlighting or clicking.

When I plug it in I get one click, no repeat clicking like I would expect from bad caps. The logic board has a green LED that comes and goes, lighting for 5 seconds followed by 1 second of off.

The power board does not have any bulging capacitors and all outputs show the prescribed power on my meter.

I have tried booting it with the X/Y boards unplugged and nothing happens still.

When I use the remote the standby light flickers for as long as I hold a button, but the tv still never comes on.

I have looked over every board and flexed them as much as I was comfortable with to test for a broken solder, but I'm out of my wheelhouse here so I don't know what else to do.

Do you think I should try replacing the main board? I don't want to throw parts at it if there are further tests you guys can recommend.

Anyway, that's what I'm working on. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer here. I really appreciate it!

Justin

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 22, 2017, 7:42 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Revrat] Samsung PN64D7000FF not coming on [In reply to] Can't Post

https://elektrotanya.com/...de.pdf/download.html

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Dec 22, 2017, 7:46 PM)

Revrat
New User

Dec 22, 2017, 8:00 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung PN64D7000FF not coming on [In reply to] Can't Post

That's fantastic, I'll work on it more using the manual when I get home. Thanks!

Revrat
New User

Dec 28, 2017, 4:16 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung PN64D7000FF not coming on [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, I was able to print out the guide and start testing, I have no voltage on the VA pin, either at the pin or at the test point on the power supply board. I tested both with the other boards connected as well as disconnected. I don't see any bad caps, but there are a couple of components that seem to have some yellow ooze on them - though nothing looks like a failure or burn. I don't want to buy a replacement power board, as they cost half as much as a new more efficient tv. Any ideas on what components may cause the VA failure? Since photobucket doesn't host 3rd petty pics anymore I'm going to make a video of the board and post it to YouTube. I'll be back with the link.

Thanks guys!

Revrat
New User

Dec 28, 2017, 4:41 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1333 views)
Shortcut

Here is the link to the board video.

https://youtu.be/-xcYQGnQ9vw

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 28, 2017, 5:49 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1331 views)
Shortcut

Components, test points and pins look fine - flux and chemicals from manufacture no concerns.
Read pages 2 & 3 fully and try test(s) again.
IMGUR for photos.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)