Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung PS42B450B1W Technical Help Please

Kevonwine
New User

Feb 24, 2020, 8:14 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1412 views)
Shortcut
Samsung PS42B450B1W Technical Help Please Can't Post

Hello, while I am not as technically minded as most of you I'm no slouch and am at a loss to find a solution. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

TV was clicking and not operating
I replaced the power board, sound but no image (start up sound normal)
Replaced the x-sus board, no improvement
Replaced the y-sus board, no improvement
Fully tested the y-buffer, no issues
Then I noticed the led on the logic board was only lighting up for 2 seconds and not flashing thereafter.
The power board is putting power to both sus boards but only for the time that the led on the logic board is lit.
My suspicion is that the power board was not tested by the supplier and has an issue

Many thanks in advance,

Kevin

jeffreyulrich
New User

Mar 11, 2020, 7:34 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevonwine] Samsung PS42B450B1W Technical Help Please [In reply to] Can't Post

Fault 1: there is only sound, but noise and no image after power on, which may be caused by high frequency head and medium emission. Generally, the video tube shall be able to display the setting menu of the machine. If there are audio and video input interfaces, the external audio and video signals can be played. Fault 2: there is normal TV program accompaniment, indicating that the high frequency, intermediate frequency and accompaniment circuits work normally, and the line output circuit has no short circuit fault. If the TV setting menu can be displayed on the screen, the failure may be in the section where the audio is separated from the video. Fault 3: normal sound, no screen menu, no external video signal. Turn up the brightness and contrast (the remote control can't be used normally, if the machine is equipped with adjustment), pay attention to the screen performance, turn off the machine. If you can see that there is a flash of light on the screen at the moment of turning off, and there is a slight discharge sound, the picture tube is generally not a big problem. Fault 4: open the back cover of the TV, power on to check whether the filament of the picture tube is on (the filament is burnt out, which is not common). Check the working voltage of each pin of the picture tube, especially the cathode voltage, which should change with the brightness adjustment. If the brightness adjustment is in the extreme dark, the electron gun of the picture tube hardly emits electrons, and the image is not. Trouble five: most TV sets now have remote control and electric adjustment. If the CPU chip fails, the brightness will be out of control, and there is no image.

Of couse if need tv replacment parts ,you can search your parts number in abctay.com ,cheap and good quality,100% test ok.

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 12, 2020, 3:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeffreyulrich] Samsung PS42B450B1W Technical Help Please [In reply to] Can't Post

You should also avoid the liquor. Tongue

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)