Samsung Plasma keeps turning on and off

drjarmin
New User

Jan 9, 2009, 2:40 PM

Post #1 of 7 (13868 views)
Shortcut
Samsung Plasma keeps turning on and off Can't Post

Hello

Anyone pls help? My Samsung 42" TV (about 2.5 years old) keeps switching on and off but about once a second. Doesn't look like the screen is coming on.

As soon as I plug in the power the blue light around on the on / off button lights up (as if in standby). Then there is an audible 'click' and the light goes off. This keeps repeating about 1.5 times a second.

I can't turn the TV on.

Any advice? I don't have easy access to a repair man so means lugging it around which isn't too easy.

This just started happening - nothing has been spilt on it, it hasn't been moved etc and it isn't the remote control as it still happens when the batteries are out.

Thanks!

zip
User

Jan 9, 2009, 11:24 PM

Post #2 of 7 (13856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drjarmin] Samsung Plasma keeps turning on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

without any trouble shooting done, it sounds like the most common problem with this set the SMPS board is bad.

drjarmin
New User

Jan 10, 2009, 1:03 AM

Post #3 of 7 (13854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zip] Samsung Plasma keeps turning on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. Is that a big deal to fix?

cadillacart
New User

Jan 20, 2009, 7:57 AM

Post #4 of 7 (13807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drjarmin] Samsung Plasma keeps turning on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

I seem to have the same problem. I just plug the TV in and it turns on, the screen goes to a lighter shade of black, then it turns off after a second or two. It does this with cable antenna plugged in and unplugged. Remote is unresponsive and the standby light blinks at a pretty regular rate. I purchased it in November last year.

I have an e-mail service request in to Samsung, so lets hope they reply, or I will call tomorrow.

Best of luck!

cadillacart
New User

Jan 22, 2009, 3:07 PM

Post #5 of 7 (13766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cadillacart] Samsung Plasma keeps turning on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

The repairman is making a house call on Friday, I'll update ya'll when he fixes the dang thing.

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2009, 2:31 AM

Post #6 of 7 (13756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cadillacart] Samsung Plasma keeps turning on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

Be prepared to take out a second mortgage!

cadillacart
New User

Feb 7, 2009, 1:28 AM

Post #7 of 7 (13655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] Samsung Plasma keeps turning on and off [In reply to] Can't Post

I just got the TV returned and it tuned out to be a power supply issue as suspected. Luckily the set was under Samsung's warranty.

Lets hope it lasts.

J

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)