Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung Red Blinking Light (Remote Too)

energy2spare7
New User

May 10, 2021, 4:12 AM

Post #1 of 1 (838 views)
Shortcut
Samsung Red Blinking Light (Remote Too) Can't Post

I have a Samsung TV model QN75Q7FAMFXZA, which has a blinking red light and won't turn on. When I press the power button on the remote, the remote just flashes red for a few seconds and goes away. The Tivo remote will not turn the TV on either, nor will the Apple TV remote. A couple of weeks ago, the TV would start to turn off by itself. This happened a few times but eventually it wouldn't turn back on. The TV is mounted on the wall and when I went to pull the TV out from the bottom to reach behind and unplug it, it suddenly came back on. This worked a couple of times but eventually the TV would not come on anymore. I figured the power cable must be loose so I removed the TV from the wall, set it on the floor and plugged it into a wall outlet but still the same results.

I have read forums and articles of which most point to a bad power board, usually due to a leaking capacitor. I have taken the unit apart and inspected the power board but to me, all the capacitors look fine. The board in the lower middle makes a clicking sound every 1 second or so. It's a very faint sound, not sure if that's normal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Pictures of the boards and power board are here https://citrix.sharefile.com/...4da7a4278f214e1402c5

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)