Samsung TV wifi

SakariNy
New User

Mar 4, 2017, 10:15 PM

Post #1 of 3 (911 views)
Shortcut
Samsung TV wifi Can't Post

Hi,

I got myself a new Samsung UE50KU6075U. (6-series 50" UHD) TV is not exactly broken, but I hope that someone would be able to help me with my issue.

This tv has smart tv features, and also wifi connectivity. Now those are features I'd rather not use in my home. First I opted not to connect it with ethernet cable or wirelessly. However I couldn't find any option to disable wifi or lock it to being disabled. Then I had a friends over and they managed to connect the tv via smartphone to display phone picture on the tv. So rather than educating my friends I'd prefer to just disable the wifi transmitter on the television.

Now from my initial research I came up with these possible solutions. First would be to return the tv and get a non-smart one or one with better options. But considering the price point and availability this isn't very realistic option.

Secondly, googling showed up that televisions nowadays have some kind of service/engineering menus that possibly could have such settings. I couldn't get to such menu on my television.

Thirdly, I thought that I would open the tv in attempt to physically disable the wifi transmitter. I haven't disassembled any modern tvs, but plenty of other electronics. It would be very nice to know if this tv has a separate wifi module and/or separate antennas that I could disconnect.

Any input on second and third options would be very helpful!

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 5, 2017, 12:07 AM

Post #2 of 3 (904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SakariNy] Samsung TV wifi [In reply to] Can't Post

Try: Info => Settings => Mute => Power

Adjust settings at your own risk!

-------------------------

SakariNy
New User

Mar 5, 2017, 1:52 PM

Post #3 of 3 (883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung TV wifi [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

It seems that that code doesn't work with my tv sadly.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)