Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung TXC2516 Convergence

ronalds
New User

Jan 4, 2005, 10:31 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1669 views)
Shortcut
Samsung TXC2516 Convergence Can't Post

Have Samsung 27 inch TV, Model TXC2516. Needs convergence and grayscale adjustment. A service manual would be nice, but grayscale and convergence instructions will do.
Thanks

mel
Veteran

Jan 5, 2005, 12:56 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ronalds] Samsung TXC2516 Convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

You can go to www.samswebsite.com and download Photofact number 3634 for $20 which will give you the instructions that you are looking for. You do, however, need appropriate test equipment to do a proper job of convergence. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

ronalds
New User

Jan 5, 2005, 5:37 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Samsung TXC2516 Convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel - Thanks for reply. I have color generation test equipment and many years working on them. I am also aware of the proper SAM's but, I am fixing the set for an older good friend of mine, gratis. Given the age of the set, I probably will never need the literature again. I will purchase the service material if I can't get a copy of just the convergence procedures and conv. board layout. Grayscale adjustment is not a problem. If I can't get a copy, I will adjust it without a procedure. It will take just a little longer.

Thanks again - Ron

mel
Veteran

Jan 7, 2005, 10:36 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1646 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ronalds] Samsung TXC2516 Convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

Check www.eserviceinfo.com and search for the chassis number. They have free downloads but don't list your model number.

ronalds
New User

Jan 8, 2005, 3:49 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Samsung TXC2516 Convergence [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel - Thanks for the hot tip on a good service literature web cite. Have converged the set already, but will definitely consider this cite in the furure.

Thanks again - Ron

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)