Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung Tv with Distorted sound

glenny
New User

Jul 28, 2017, 5:23 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1197 views)
Shortcut
Samsung Tv with Distorted sound Can't Post

I was given a TV recently, as it was working at their house I never bothered to test it first before installing wall brackets etc They were always using the TV connected to an amp/receiver. I only want the TV to be on the wall by itself without any extra speakers etc.
It looks like there is a problem with the internal speaker circuit. I have retested the TV when I connect the digital sound output to a receiver, the sound works fine. When I try to use the TV Speakers, at first, its very muffled sound, then after a few minutes it gets very static and distorted.
There are speakers near the top and along the bottom, the same kind of distorted sound is coming out of all of them so I don't think the speakers are faulty. I have disconnected the top and disconnected the bottom, and the sound is bad coming out of them independently.
So my next question is, has anyone come across this kind of issue? Not sure if its a power supply board issue or the main board. The capacitors don't look swollen or anything I don't really know where to poke around, especially with no circuit diagram. The model of the TV is UA46B6000VF. I have already upgraded to the latest available firmware which made no difference.
The main board part number is BN41-01190A, the power supply board is PSLF171B01A. People sell both of these boards online overseas etc it might be worth replacing one of them (unless someone can point in the direction of what could fix it), if I had to buy both boards its getting to the point where I might as well chuck the TV :)
Any help most appreciated.
I have photos of the boards if its worth uploading it anywhere if people might be able to point me in the right direction.
Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 28, 2017, 6:09 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glenny] Samsung Tv with Distorted sound [In reply to] Can't Post

Are there any other 'BN' style numbers, perhaps on a bar-code sticker on the Main board?
Power board I am able to find.

See if your speakers are good by unplugging them from TV and connecting them temporarily to a working sound source. A Pocket radio for example.
If speakers test OK, the Main board is most likely bad.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jul 28, 2017, 6:14 AM)

glenny
New User

Jul 28, 2017, 6:48 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung Tv with Distorted sound [In reply to] Can't Post

The barcode on the mainboard is: BN94-02881B

I haven't tested the speakers on another known good source but there are about 6 speakers on it, all with distorted sound, unlikely they all have the same fault when they haven't been used much if at all ever.

There is a little table on the power supply board with a bunch of numbers and voltages for those numbers, but I don't know what its actually refering to or where to measure them.

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 28, 2017, 7:30 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glenny] Samsung Tv with Distorted sound [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a little table on the power supply board with a bunch of numbers and voltages for those numbers, but I don't know what its actually refering to or where to measure them.

CNM802 pins at the end of the 'line' (between the arrowhead and the pin out chart/table).

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)