Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung UN46ES6003FXZA power on problem

Caslon
New User

Jan 31, 2019, 5:27 AM

Post #1 of 2 (864 views)
Shortcut
Samsung UN46ES6003FXZA power on problem Can't Post

If I turn off my TV, it won't turn back on. I get the welcome chime and a couple blinks of the red light, then nothing. I unplug the TV numerous times and wait 10 min and try again, no luck. Then on the 5th or 6th try, it suddenly works. I now keep my TV on 24/7. No big deal, 30 watts. Would replacing the power board solve this problem or is it something else? I ask this because I'm thinking of ordering the power board and tackling this problem once and for all. Could it be a capacitor failing on the power board, but still managing to work after many retries? Any input welcomed. P.S. I even heard a mild popping sound inside once. Is that a capacitor going bad? I'd rather keep it simple and not try replacing those, but maybe just buy a new power board.

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 31, 2019, 12:50 PM

Post #2 of 2 (851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Caslon] Samsung UN46ES6003FXZA power on problem [In reply to] Can't Post

And so it's been said many times, many ways ... Make sure each and every LED inside the panel illuminates. Unplugging the Main to Power board cable should cause ALL LEDs to turn on (and stay on) until TV unplugged or Main to Power board cable reattached.
If set passes the 'flashlight test,' you can go into Customer Menu and see if Backlight Intensity setting is at maximum.

Typical Power Consumption 45, 46, 50, 64 (That would be in WATTS with screen lit)
Standby Power Consumption Under 0.3 (again, in Watts)

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)