Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung UN60ES6100 Blank Screen

mnispel
New User

Oct 17, 2018, 11:53 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1359 views)
Shortcut
Samsung UN60ES6100 Blank Screen Can't Post

Hey guys. Hoping you can help me out in getting my older samsung back in working order. The samsung was working until a couple days ago when the screen just did a fade to black and I have not had any picture since (tried different inputs, menu and input buttons, etc). It was interesting how it faded in that it was almost like one those old power point transitions where the black started at the top right and then slowly engulfed the rest of the screen finishing at the bottom left. A couple of times while troubleshooting I have noticed the TV blinking the standby light 5 double blinks. The sound works and when I hit menu or input I can hear when I am clicking through options. For the backstory I purchased the TV used a couple of years ago and prior to the screen going completely black I had the issue where the TV would occasionally power cycle (supposedly due to bad capacitor).

At this point I have the TV taken apart. I have unplugged the mainboard from the power board and noted that the backlight is working on the TV. I have taken voltage of what I believe to be the main capacitors at 387volts (circled in yellow in the picture https://drive.google.com/...r_Ck1yA45CnMhWMl0vk_). I have done a visual inspection on all capacitors and none of them seem to be mushroomed or leaking. Any thoughts or help is much appreciated!

mnispel
New User

Oct 17, 2018, 11:54 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mnispel] Samsung UN60ES6100 Blank Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been doing a bit more research and it looks like the issue could possibly be the t-con board. Problem is that nowhere sells this board any longer except for Samsung who charges $300 for the part. I have also seen t-con repair kits but it looks like a pretty tough solder and without being sure that it is the t-con board I don't really want to attempt this.

Any thoughts on if I am heading the right direction?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)