Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung le37 switching on issue

naffcaps
New User

Apr 2, 2017, 5:58 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3488 views)
Shortcut
Samsung le37 switching on issue Can't Post

This may be duplicated as can't find my original post. My Samsung le37 LCD TV started to go off after about an hour no picture just sound . switch off at wall and back on lasted for another hour. Then became hard to start up by switching on at plug. The red light flickered and goes out I had to switch on and off umpteen times before it started up
Ive done the following :-
replaced power and main board to no avail as it switched off completely after about an hour. I removed power board and replaced the old one with new 1000uf 36 v caps replaced . Now it runs fine But only from standby it still takes ages to fire up if switched from wall socket.
Ive eliminated duff caps so any ideas why it should now run great but only from standby and is a pig to get going when started from the switch on wall I've spent £35 on parts and have run out of ideas

naffcaps
New User

Apr 3, 2017, 5:44 PM

Post #2 of 2 (3464 views)
Shortcut
Re: [naffcaps] Samsung le37 switching on issue [In reply to] Can't Post

As an addition and I hope some help to others I have changed all the 1000uf 2200 uf 3300uf capacitors I went for the next higher voltage and the fault was resolved. As a matter of interest not one cap was visibly defective I don't have diagnostic equipment so the only option was to replace all large capacitors £5 in Marlin. Result 😂

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)