Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung smart tv tripping.

GRID
New User

Dec 15, 2016, 2:11 AM

Post #1 of 1 (777 views)
Shortcut
Samsung smart tv tripping. Can't Post

Hello to all on this forum. My first post.

With respect to the subject my Daughters TV....Model : .. UE46F6510SB version 01. had been playing up for a number of weeks for example shutting down at random and trying to start up again with periods of stability.

Eventually i decided to check out this symptom rather than have a set that became dead altogether which is more difficult to fault find certainly in my experience.

No capacitors were likely to be responsible but were checked as a matter of course ! it would certainly help if a cct diagram was available but i doubt if a manufacturer would furnish any to a home repairer.

The cause of the described symptoms turned out to be a dry joint on the SMPS that had escaped QC.

I need to add that these pcb's are stable enough when screwed to the chassis / metal frame but when removed can become easily damaged especially if dropped or flexed due to the SMD involved.

Finishing off my rant i should also mention that should you want to check out your own TV... for any symptom. If you have never used a soldering iron for any length of time... or used a desoldering pump you should not be considering removing the cover of your TV.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)