Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Samsung un32j5205af backlight problem

olered
New User

Sep 14, 2016, 9:31 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2129 views)
Shortcut
Samsung un32j5205af backlight problem Can't Post

Picture stopped, sound was fine. Watched some youtube videos and thought i would give fixing it a try. Replaced main board and tcon, power switch - all came as a kit.

backlights still dont come on. I have two strips, the connector has 4 wires - i have 30,0,0,5 volts there. ones strip gets the 5 volts and the other the 30 but no lights come on. when i unplug the power and test with battery or voltmeter I can get each one to light up so no blown bulbs. also, i can make a couple light up at once by changing where i hook the battery but not the entire strip.

any suggestions? thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 14, 2016, 11:51 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [olered] Samsung un32j5205af backlight problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Shop Jimmy is offering "Includes main board, T-con board and wireless/wi-fi adapter only."
What are you calling "Power Switch?" Believe set uses extermal power supply (brick).

when i unplug the power and test with battery or voltmeter I can get each one to light up so no blown bulbs. also, i can make a couple light up at once by changing where i hook the battery but not the entire strip.

So you have or have not seen each and every LED bulb light?

Can't clearly make out in the pictures at SJ which board and what connector LEDs connect to.

-------------------------

olered
New User

Sep 15, 2016, 12:39 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung un32j5205af backlight problem [In reply to] Can't Post

The power switch that turns the tv on and off was replaced as well as the main board where the power cord connects. Yes this set uses external power supply brick.

I have seen every led light by testing with battery they will also light individually in the tv while plugged in if i use a ground jumper from each led to the metal tv backing.

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 15, 2016, 12:47 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [olered] Samsung un32j5205af backlight problem [In reply to] Can't Post

which board and what connector LEDs connect to?

-------------------------

olered
New User

Sep 15, 2016, 12:53 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung un32j5205af backlight problem [In reply to] Can't Post

when you said brick it made me think to doublecheck the power supply. we had a samsung soundbar anda samsung tv in the same location for awhile. when they were moved around the power supply was switched. the sound bar uses a 40w and the tv requires 60w. all is fixed - thanks for the tickler.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)