Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sanyo AVM-2753 coax stopped working

hm12msc_bw
New User

Jan 29, 2005, 6:42 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo AVM-2753 coax stopped working Can't Post

THIS IS A CORRECTION TO MY EARLIER POST. I transcribed the wrong model number. The model is AVM-2753 versus AVM-7253. Thanks. Here's the original post with the correction:

My TV is a Sanyo Model No. AVM-2753. It was made in 1993 and I am the original owner. It has been well taken care of, has no damage. etc. Today when I was watching it, the cable acted like it went out. I checked and double-checked all the connections, but no signal. When I checked the coax cable with another tv on it, it worked fine. So, I ruled out the cable as being part of the problem. The RCA A/V cables that are connected to this tv still allow me to watch DVDs and VHS tapes, so the only problem is the coax signal. Is there a cost effective repair I can make, or is the end of the line for the old girl. I still get a great picture on the screen with my movies, just no cable picture. I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone can offer. Thanks!

shadetree
Veteran

Jan 29, 2005, 11:22 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hm12msc_bw] Sanyo AVM-2753 coax stopped working [In reply to] Can't Post

if you watch vhs tapes then you have a vcr use vcr tuner for cable channels or get replacement tv tuner from tiptop tuner.com $27

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)