Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sanyo M# DS25204 Chass. # 25204-5 No vertical deflection - then shut down.

avdocatwork
New User

May 19, 2005, 5:13 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2318 views)
Shortcut
Sanyo M# DS25204 Chass. # 25204-5 No vertical deflection - then shut down. Can't Post

I have a Sanyo M# DS25204 - Chass. # 25204-5 That has No vertical deflection - then shut down, here in the shop. Have checked most caps in the vertical circuit and they all seem ok. If any one has run across this problem on this type of Sanyo, help would be appreciated Vert. IC 501 is a TT2168 - EEProm IC 802 is a 24WC02p

Thanks, avdocatwork

Hect7369
User

May 23, 2005, 4:40 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [avdocatwork] Sanyo M# DS25204 Chass. # 25204-5 No vertical deflection - then shut down. [In reply to] Can't Post

If set goes in shutdown,usually it means,something isn't working normally(a open or shorted component),check all power supply voltage/derived scan.If one o more voltages are missing or corrupted ,those are monitored by micro,resulting in shutdown.

G>L

Hect

avdocatwork
New User

May 23, 2005, 6:20 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2294 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hect7369] Sanyo M# DS25204 Chass. # 25204-5 No vertical deflection - then shut down. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Hect7369

I checked for open or shorted components in the power supply and Horz. sections and have not run across anything bad as of yet. I don't have a schematic on this set so I really haven't been able to check voltages. Then I re-soldered any suspected bad connections on the motherboard and now I do have vert. deflection and no shut down problem along with sound. But the set has a slick grey screen you can barely see video in the washed out image. The on screen display is showing up normally and the tuner is changing channels. Set is improving but still has some bugs in it.

Thanks Again, avdocatwork

kuhurdler
User

May 23, 2005, 6:22 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [avdocatwork] Sanyo M# DS25204 Chass. # 25204-5 No vertical deflection - then shut down. [In reply to] Can't Post

did you mess with the screen voltage? that would cause it to be washed out

-RiddledTV.com
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/

avdocatwork
New User

May 23, 2005, 7:30 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kuhurdler] Sanyo M# DS25204 Chass. # 25204-5 No vertical deflection - then shut down. [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought the same thing when I saw the set come up for the first time - ran the screen control up and down and it just lightens and darkens the slick screen.

Thanks, avdocatwork

mel
Veteran

May 23, 2005, 10:22 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2286 views)
Shortcut

If the video was working OK before the vertical problem, you may have creatd a solder bridge during your touch up work. Check your solder work.

avdocatwork
New User

May 25, 2005, 2:28 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Sanyo M# DS25204 Chass. # 25204-5 No vertical deflection - then shut down. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Mel

It wouldn't be the first time I caused a solder bridge, I have so much gear to fix I do get in a hurry a lot of times. But in this case I carefully examined the solder connections twice and it doesn't look like it's the case this time. Also rechecked and resoldered more suspected bad solder connections hoping to get lucky like getting the raster back, but no luck this time. The owner is out of town ( A Coworker - I am doing a favor for) and I don't know if the picture dropped out before the set went to vertical collapse and shutdown, will find out as soon as I see him again. Plan on continuing to look for the problem.

Thanks Again, avdocatwork

(This post was edited by avdocatwork on May 25, 2005, 2:36 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)