Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Seiki se501ts black screen- diag guidance please!

Hater
New User

Jan 2, 2018, 11:41 PM

Post #1 of 3 (662 views)
Shortcut
Seiki se501ts black screen- diag guidance please! Can't Post

Seiki se501ts with a black screen. It does power on, I can see the images on the screen with the flashlight test. When I power the tv on, there is a quick flash of the leds, then all black. My question is how to properly test the led driver circuit. There are two led circuits. Both have 74volts DC, with wires that feed the leds plugged in or not. When I get the initial led flash at power up of the tv, these lines both spike to around 136v DC +/-. ( its very quick). I do not know what voltages are supposed to be. Someone lead me to the next step!

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 3, 2018, 12:31 AM

Post #2 of 3 (660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hater] Seiki se501ts black screen- diag guidance please! [In reply to] Can't Post

Disassemble the panel until you can visually see whether each (and every) LED lamp is lighting during this 'quick flash'. IF ANY are NOT, you'll need to replace them.

-------------------------

Hater
New User

Jan 3, 2018, 1:53 AM

Post #3 of 3 (653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Seiki se501ts black screen- diag guidance please! [In reply to] Can't Post

I forgot to mention a few things in my original post. There are 2 separate led “feeds”. I tried running it with just 1 or the other plugged in, no change. (I was thinking about shorted leds). Before the tv completely died, I found if it was unplugged for several hours it would work when plugged back in. And it would stay on as long as you wanted. But once it was shut off it had to be unplugged for several hours and plugged back in again to work.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)