Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp 27G-S60 won't turn on

wayman
New User

Apr 12, 2005, 6:59 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Sharp 27G-S60 won't turn on Can't Post

I'm a newbie and not a professional TV repair person. I have a 27-inch sharp 27G-S60 model television that one day just stopped working (picture wouldn't come on after hitting power button). I removed it and put it aside. I took it to a repair shop and they said they plugged it in and it worked fine and didn't charge me (very strange). I used it for another 6 months or so and then the same thing happened.

When you hit the power button, a click is heard but absolutely nothing on the screen. Could the tube be busted or maybe a power supply problem? From what I've read on this forum it may be a voltage regulator.

Can someone point me in the direction of a schematic? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mel
Veteran

Apr 12, 2005, 9:40 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wayman] Sharp 27G-S60 won't turn on [In reply to] Can't Post

You can go to www.samswebsite.com and download E:Fact #3596 for $20 and it will provide you with a schematic and troubleshooting instructions for this model. Intermittents such as you describe are usually the result of a bad solder joint. Using a nonconductive probe, try tapping around the board while pressing the power bottun to see if the set will turn on. If so, check the solder joints in that area and touch up as appropriate. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)