Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Sharp Aquos 37" Blinking power light - Please Help !!

The-Biz
New User

Jul 24, 2016, 1:55 AM

Post #1 of 1 (810 views)
Shortcut
Sharp Aquos 37" Blinking power light - Please Help !! Can't Post

Hi Gurus,
I hope you can help
I have a SHARP 37"Aquos LC-37G2x with a TU-37G2X AVC.
It was dad's and was in storage (cool n dry) for a while after he passed away.
I decided to rescue it from the dark and set it up downstairs.
All good worked fine last week with a Digital set top box connected via Component input.

Yesterday, I went to hook up a Raspberry Pi to it and prior to connection the RED power light was blinking steadily on the panel. When i used the remote to power on, the power light goes from RED to GREEN - relays in the panel click the the power light goes back to red. No backlighting occurs.
So, i try to power on via the AVC box and same result.

Now i disconnected all inputs - same result - here's the kicker, I disconnected the factory cable from the OUTPUT-2 socket (as pictured) on the AVC and powered up. The panel springs to life and cooling fans whirr in the panel and a info box is displayed on the panel (screen) "Loss of Sync". As soon as I re-attach the Output 2 plug the panel turns off and goes back to red blinking light.

Any ideas? Is it in sleep mode?
I have tried as many soft re-boots as i could find on the 'net - Also AVC has 2 hard reset buttons which i have tried to no avail. Am I missing something?

The picture was still awesome last week for a tv of its age and hope with your help we can get it running again

Cheers

(This post was edited by The-Biz on Jul 24, 2016, 2:08 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)